Welcome to Daisy (Get Started Here)

I feel a bit lost already at point 3:

I have not been able to find an illustration showing the location of the BOOT and RESET buttons, or USER LED.

It might be somewhere it the schematics, but I’m not able to find it :slightly_frowning_face:

@tp2750
On the Daisy Seed, behind the micro usb header. (If you have the pod, this is the usb header on the small board, not the big board.) There’s two white buttons. If you look carefully, one is labelled boot, and the other Reset. They’re on either side of the jtag connector (the 2x5 pins sticking up). Hope this helps!

Thanks @ben_serge. I see it now.
Pretty small print for aging eyes :slight_smile:

My daisy is recognized by my computer has DFU device but it not appear in the web programmer. And he is in FS mod. What can i do ?

Which OS are you on?

If you are on Windows, you might need to use Zadig to reset your USB driver.

1 Like

I set it up in Arduino, but I can not connect it. If I try to select the port, there is no port which is connected with the daisy (seed). I already tried different cables and also checked them with other devices, to make sure it’s not because of a broken cable.
What am I doing wrong? Is there any driver I have to install to so my computer recognises the daisy?
I was already working with arduino and teensy, and the both are detected by the computer, so I wonder why not the dais?
I’m running Mac OS 11.1, but also tryed it with a Mac running MacOS 10.15, same problem there.

Did you follow the Arduino getting started guide in the Daisy wiki?

Do the Daisy examples show up in the IDE?

Yes I followed the guid and the daisy examples are showing off, too. But I couldn’t try it, 'cause arduino doesn’t find the port of daisy.

I’m using Mac OS 10.14.6 on 2015 Macbook Pro.

In Arduino, set Upload Method to STM32CubeProgrammer (DFU). Press the buttons before you upload, to put the Daisy in DFU mode.

This doesn’t use a Port, so don’t expect a virtual Serial port to appear on the Mac.

(oops! I just realized I was responding to a post from 3 months ago)

Hello, I just recently bought a Noise Engineering Legio eurorack module which uses Daisy. They say we can write our own firmware using Daisy. This is completely new to me though I would love to learn how to write firmware for my new module. Please help, thank you

Have a look at the daisy wiki

At the moment, one example is provided for the legio:

No template for “Legio” in Oopsy yet - Perhaps ask Noise Engineering / Cycling’74 to add it, if you plan on using Max gen~

1 Like

thank you very much for the quick response and the helpful information. I have one more question, should I first buy a Daisy Seed (hardware) to experiment with as opposed to using my Noise Engineering Legio eurorack module?

Thank you again,
Michael

I really don’t know what to advice you here - an extra daisy would be nice offcause, but the legio should be enough.

I don’t know if they use the seed or the patch-sm

It doesn’t come with schematics (and I asked, but they kindly refused to give it away - for versio at least), so perhaps it’s not easy to “clone” it on a breadboard if you get a daisy seed for development. Maybe it’s obvious from looking in the source-code how things are wired … I haven’t looked - I usually stay away from modules that I don’t have the schematics for.

All you have is the pin numbers here.

If you think you need one for development, buy 2x legio.

If you want to tinker, add your own pots, switches, leds, display etc, without risking the legio … perhaps get the Daisy Pod when it’s avaiable again.

Or patch.Init() — Electro-Smith

or wait - see this

1 Like

Hi there

I’m completely new to this.

I went to the web programmer and the DFU in FS mode wasn’t listed. I found drivers on the internet but now the ‘Flash Blink!’ button is still greyed out

I found a page on the forum that mentioned this but suggested a linux solution while I’m using windows

If anyone out there could help that would be great!

Thanks

Check out the topic:

and check your USB cable - could be defective or power only.

Might need to run zadig:
If you are on Windows you might need to use Zadig to select a different USB driver.

To begin, download Zadig. Use the most recent version.

Launch Zadig and then put the Daisy into bootloader mode by holding BOOT and pressing RESET.
Click the Options menu in Zadig and select “List All Devices.”

In the drop down menu inside the main window, select “DFU in FS mode,” followed by selecting WinUSB in the target driver box.

Click “Replace Driver.” Zadig will update to the appropriate driver to flash Daisy.
These instructions are also in the Windows Toolchain Install Wiki page on GitHub with screenshots.

edit: To clarify, Zadig is not only for command line programming but can be used for the Web Progammer as well on Windows. It should fix the connectivity problem if the USB driver is to blame.

1 Like

I’ll order a new cable and see how I do. Thanks!

Anyone know if legio used a seed or a patch?

Noise Engineering Legio uses a Seed2 DFM.

This is a soon to be released version of the Daisy which is an improved version of the Daisy Seed.

1 Like

I am learning Pd, Plugdata, Arduino IDE, and Max MSP.
I have managed to flash a Pd file to Daisy Pod and it worked!
I have managed to flash an Arduino file using the IDE and it worked! Actually tried a number of files.
I have not managed to flash a Max oopsy file to the Daisy Pod. I tried the oopsy_pod template and all I get is noise and feedback.

Could you please do a video on using this template, setting up with the Daisy Pod, and explaining what the template parts do?

It would help greatly!

1 Like

Hey Astrin!

Thank you for your video suggestion!
Even for folks with Daisy Seed, analyzing Daisy Pod’s template and JSON file is a great way to learn how hardware configuration and mapping work with Daisy!

And I saw in another forum post that you were able to solve the oopsy_pod issue and I’m happy to hear that! I’ll be having a closer look at that post in a few.

By the way, welcome to the community!!

1 Like