Unable to program new Daisy Seeds

Awesome! Thanks for keeping us updated.

I think it’s still worth it for us to look into why rev 7 didn’t work on the older OS when rev 5 did.
And of course, OP’s Windows issue still needs to be addressed.

1 Like

Hello @adhocpsyop!
Thank you so much for the wait.

Since it’s challenging to troubleshoot what’s going on (since the Daisy Seed being shipped out indicates that we were able to flash the factory firmware), we would need to have a close inspection of your Daisy Seeds to see if there’s something wrong with the hardware. And we also need to reproduce the issue by connecting them to other computers at Electrosmith. And etc.

So we ask that you contact us and we’ll go through the RMA procedure via email. The shipping cost will be covered by us of course.

Just chiming in on this one because it matches with the problem we’re having. We have an automated python script that programmed multiple daisies and the Daisy 1.2 didn’t work. The os is Ubuntu but the hardware is a 10 year old hp workstation and that seems to be the problem, possibly a legacy usb driver that doesn’t see the newer daisies and no new drivers available for early usb3 hardware perhaps. Upgrading to newer pc hardware solved the problem but quite a costly distraction.

1 Like

Hi Takumi,

I’m having the same problem.

If I connect the Daisy Seed, I get one solid red LED and a second blinking LED. If I go to DFU mode the second LED stops flashing. If the LED is flashing, and I use the online web programmer, then I can choose “Daisy Seed Built-in - Paired”. However, I can’t upload anything in this mode. As soon as I take the seed into DFU mode I get a “USB not recognized” error in Windows and the online programmer still won’t let me upload anything. I have tried changing the driver many times with Zadig.

I bought a second Daisy Seed and was able to program it with no issues at all, so I know my cable and setup are good. It just seems that this seed may be faulty. Do you have any thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks
Steve

Hello Steve!
I’m sorry to hear that you’re encountering an issue.

If the second Seed is working and the first Seed is still not working with the same exact set up that works with your second Seed, then it sounds like the first Seed is faulty. Please email us about this and we would be happy to take care of this with you.