Pure Data

@ shensley

Is there any chance that there will be an example for Seeds parameters and Pure Data implementation at some point?

Thanks!

1 Like

That is definitely the correct idea, but I think you did not wire the pots correctly on the breadboard. The Pod schematic is very clear about how it should be done.

Did you try one of the Seeds demo patches first, to make sure the potentiometers works, before integrating it with pure data?

We had to try a few times before we got it connected correctly. I have 4 potentiometers working here, but now want to try and make it work with PD. So trying to find out how to do that now :slight_smile:

I think you mean to suggest trying a Pod demo patch, to verify that the pots and Seed are wired correctly.

Any way that will verify the potentiometers are working, before trying with Pure Data will work, I guess :slight_smile:

ok now it works, I had omitted to connect pin 40 with pin 20 GND together.
In your opinion, if I wanted to use 6 potentiometers, should I name the controls as in Petal’s diagram? Pot_1, Pot_2 … Pot_6?

@alpignolo Glad you got it sorted out!

You should be able to use the Petal as a 6-pot board for now if you match the connections. (If it doesn’t work, feel free to let me know. I didn’t have a Petal on hand when we were getting the pd2dsy script up and running.

@Jaffasplaffa as for generic seed support, I want to add support for a custom board definition of some sort (JSON probably). That would have objects with data for attribute name, control type, etc. So you could run python pd2dsy.py -b myboard.json project_foo

Progress on this has been a bit slow, but I’m hoping to get back on it in the next few weeks!

@ shensley

That sounds great :slight_smile:

By generic support, do you mean make something where you in the JSON file can set which inputs you use for potentiometers? And then those selected inputs are the ones being registered and used by Pure Data?

Sorry, this side of it is a bit new to me… :wink:

Exactly, you would define your hardware in a file, ex.

{
   "name": "Foo1", 
   "ctrltype": ENCODER
   "otherdata": "etc."
}

That could be used to create the generated file.

Either that or we make the parsing a bit more intelligent so that the pd2dsy script reads all of the attributes used for send/receives and dynamically generates the appropriate controls (reporting an error if it runs out of pins, etc.)

In the former, you would define which Daisy Pins are used for what purposes, and in the latter the script would dictate how you wire up your hardware.

I’m personally open to either, but from a hardware design perspective I would prefer defining what pins are used for what myself.

2 Likes

Have been stuck for a while, so this sounds nice, I can’t wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I am a bit confused…trying to get this working for hours.
I wrote a mail to the tech support but havn´t got an answer yet, so i thought i also try it here. Here is what I wrote:

So I followed all the steps in the wiki and installed all the stuff. I open the gccvar.bat file. I run “git submodule update --init” and run make in the libdaisy folder. Works fine until here. If I run “python pd2dsy.py --board patch Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.pd”, nothing happens. I tried then running this command in the Miniconda Console, and get following message:

Converting Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2 for patch platform
File “hvcc/hvcc.py”, line 150
print “–> Generating C”
^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to ‘print’. Did you mean print("–> Generating C")?

I get the 3 files (daisy_boards.h, Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.cpp, Makefile), but I don´t get the 3 folders (c, ir, hv). I tried running the sudo command, but get the message that there is no such command.
There is an online tool from rebeltechnology for the owl module, which lets you compile pd-patches to a format of your choice. If I choose heavy i get a bunch of folders, (including c, ir and hv). So I took the 3 folders from there and copied them to the directory which was created by the pd2dsy script. Then i copied the directory to the examples folder. Then in the gccvar.bat console, I cd to that directory and run make. I get following message:

C:\Users\Andreas\Desktop\pd2dsy\examples\Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2>make
mkdir build
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvControlBinop.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvControlBinop.lst c/HvControlBinop.c -o build/HvControlBinop.o
In file included from c/HvHeavy.h:20,
from c/HvHeavyInternal.h:20,
from c/HvControlBinop.h:20,
from c/HvControlBinop.c:17:
c/HvUtils.h:33:4: warning: #warning Could not detect platform. Assuming Unix-like. [-Wcpp]
33 | #warning Could not detect platform. Assuming Unix-like.
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvControlCast.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvControlCast.lst c/HvControlCast.c -o build/HvControlCast.o
from c/HvControlCast.h:20,
from c/HvControlCast.c:17:
c/HvUtils.h:33:4: warning: #warning Could not detect platform. Assuming Unix-like. [-Wcpp]
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvControlDelay.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvControlDelay.lst c/HvControlDelay.c -o build/HvControlDelay.o
from c/HvControlDelay.h:22,
from c/HvControlDelay.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvControlSlice.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvControlSlice.lst c/HvControlSlice.c -o build/HvControlSlice.o
from c/HvControlSlice.h:20,
from c/HvControlSlice.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvControlSystem.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvControlSystem.lst c/HvControlSystem.c -o build/HvControlSystem.o
from c/HvControlSystem.h:20,
from c/HvControlSystem.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvControlTabhead.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvControlTabhead.lst c/HvControlTabhead.c -o build/HvControlTabhead.o
from c/HvControlTabhead.h:20,
from c/HvControlTabhead.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvControlVar.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvControlVar.lst c/HvControlVar.c -o build/HvControlVar.o
from c/HvControlVar.h:20,
from c/HvControlVar.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvLightPipe.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvLightPipe.lst c/HvLightPipe.c -o build/HvLightPipe.o
In file included from c/HvLightPipe.h:20,
from c/HvLightPipe.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvMessage.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvMessage.lst c/HvMessage.c -o build/HvMessage.o
In file included from c/HvMessage.h:20,
from c/HvMessage.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
c/HvMessage.c: In function ‘msg_toString’:
c/HvMessage.c:172:55: warning: format ‘%X’ expects argument of type ‘unsigned int’, but argument 4 has type ‘uint32_t’ {aka ‘long unsigned int’} [-Wformat=]
172 | case HV_MSG_HASH: len[i] = hv_snprintf(NULL, 0, “0x%X”, msg_getHash(m, i)) + 1; break;
| ^~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| |
| uint32_t {aka long unsigned int}
c/HvUtils.h:131:50: note: in definition of macro ‘hv_snprintf’
131 | #define hv_snprintf(a, b, c, …) snprintf(a, b, c, VA_ARGS)
| ^
c/HvMessage.c:172:59: note: format string is defined here
172 | case HV_MSG_HASH: len[i] = hv_snprintf(NULL, 0, “0x%X”, msg_getHash(m, i)) + 1; break;
| ~^
| |
| unsigned int
| %lX
c/HvMessage.c:191:62: warning: format ‘%X’ expects argument of type ‘unsigned int’, but argument 4 has type ‘uint32_t’ {aka ‘long unsigned int’} [-Wformat=]
191 | case HV_MSG_HASH: hv_snprintf(finalString+pos, len[i], “0x%X”, msg_getHash(m, i)); break;
| ^~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| |
| uint32_t {aka long unsigned int}
c/HvUtils.h:131:50: note: in definition of macro ‘hv_snprintf’
131 | #define hv_snprintf(a, b, c, …) snprintf(a, b, c, VA_ARGS)
| ^
c/HvMessage.c:191:66: note: format string is defined here
191 | case HV_MSG_HASH: hv_snprintf(finalString+pos, len[i], “0x%X”, msg_getHash(m, i)); break;
| ~^
| |
| unsigned int
| %lX
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvMessagePool.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvMessagePool.lst c/HvMessagePool.c -o build/HvMessagePool.o
In file included from c/HvMessagePool.h:20,
from c/HvMessagePool.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvMessageQueue.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvMessageQueue.lst c/HvMessageQueue.c -o build/HvMessageQueue.o
from c/HvMessageQueue.h:20,
from c/HvMessageQueue.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvSignalDel1.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvSignalDel1.lst c/HvSignalDel1.c -o build/HvSignalDel1.o
from c/HvSignalDel1.h:20,
from c/HvSignalDel1.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvSignalPhasor.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvSignalPhasor.lst c/HvSignalPhasor.c -o build/HvSignalPhasor.o
from c/HvSignalPhasor.h:20,
from c/HvSignalPhasor.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvSignalRPole.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvSignalRPole.lst c/HvSignalRPole.c -o build/HvSignalRPole.o
from c/HvSignalRPole.h:20,
from c/HvSignalRPole.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvSignalSample.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvSignalSample.lst c/HvSignalSample.c -o build/HvSignalSample.o
from c/HvSignalSample.h:20,
from c/HvSignalSample.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvSignalTabread.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvSignalTabread.lst c/HvSignalTabread.c -o build/HvSignalTabread.o
from c/HvSignalTabread.h:20,
from c/HvSignalTabread.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvSignalTabwrite.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvSignalTabwrite.lst c/HvSignalTabwrite.c -o build/HvSignalTabwrite.o
from c/HvSignalTabwrite.h:20,
from c/HvSignalTabwrite.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvSignalVar.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvSignalVar.lst c/HvSignalVar.c -o build/HvSignalVar.o
from c/HvSignalVar.h:20,
from c/HvSignalVar.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvTable.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvTable.lst c/HvTable.c -o build/HvTable.o
from c/HvTable.h:20,
from c/HvTable.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvUtils.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvUtils.lst c/HvUtils.c -o build/HvUtils.o
In file included from c/HvUtils.c:17:
| ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/system_stm32h7xx.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/system_stm32h7xx.lst …/…/libdaisy/core/system_stm32h7xx.c -o build/system_stm32h7xx.o
arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/Heavy_Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.d" -fno-exceptions -fasm -finline -finline-functions-called-once -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -fno-unwind-tables -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/Heavy_Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.lst c/Heavy_Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.cpp -o build/Heavy_Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.o
In file included from c/HeavyContextInterface.hpp:20,
from c/HeavyContext.hpp:20,
from c/Heavy_Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.hpp:37,
from c/Heavy_Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.cpp:33:
| ^~~~~~~
In file included from c/Heavy_Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.hpp:38,
c/HvSignalTabwrite.h: In function ‘void __hv_tabwrite_stoppable_f(SignalTabwrite*, float)’:
c/HvSignalTabwrite.h:77:15: warning: comparison of integer expressions of different signedness: ‘uint32_t’ {aka ‘long unsigned int’} and ‘int’ [-Wsign-compare]
77 | if (o->head != HV_TABWRITE_STOPPED) {
| ^
In file included from c/Heavy_Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.hpp:51,
c/HvSignalTabread.h: In function ‘void __hv_tabread_stoppable_f(SignalTabread*, float*)’:
c/HvSignalTabread.h:141:15: warning: comparison of integer expressions of different signedness: ‘uint32_t’ {aka ‘long unsigned int’} and ‘int’ [-Wsign-compare]
141 | if (o->head == ~0x0) {
| ^
arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HeavyContext.d" -fno-exceptions -fasm -finline -finline-functions-called-once -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -fno-unwind-tables -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HeavyContext.lst c/HeavyContext.cpp -o build/HeavyContext.o
from c/HeavyContext.cpp:17:
| ^
~~~~
arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvHeavy.d" -fno-exceptions -fasm -finline -finline-functions-called-once -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -fno-unwind-tables -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvHeavy.lst c/HvHeavy.cpp -o build/HvHeavy.o
from c/HvHeavy.cpp:17:
| ^~~~~~~
c/HvHeavy.cpp:24: warning: ignoring #pragma mark [-Wunknown-pragmas]
24 | #pragma mark - Heavy Table
|
c/HvHeavy.cpp:45: warning: ignoring #pragma mark [-Wunknown-pragmas]
45 | #pragma mark - Heavy Message
|
c/HvHeavy.cpp:127: warning: ignoring #pragma mark [-Wunknown-pragmas]
127 | #pragma mark - Heavy Common
|
c/HvHeavy.cpp:294: warning: ignoring #pragma mark [-Wunknown-pragmas]
294 | #pragma mark - Heavy Common
|
arm-none-eabi-g++ -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.d" -fno-exceptions -fasm -finline -finline-functions-called-once -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -fno-unwind-tables -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.lst Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.cpp -o build/Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.o
from c/Heavy_Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.hpp:37,
from Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.cpp:5:
| ^~~~~~~
In file included from c/Heavy_Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.hpp:38,
c/HvSignalTabwrite.h: In function ‘void __hv_tabwrite_stoppable_f(SignalTabwrite*, float)’:
c/HvSignalTabwrite.h:77:15: warning: comparison of integer expressions of different signedness: ‘uint32_t’ {aka ‘long unsigned int’} and ‘int’ [-Wsign-compare]
77 | if (o->head != HV_TABWRITE_STOPPED) {
| ^
In file included from c/Heavy_Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.hpp:51,
c/HvSignalTabread.h: In function ‘void __hv_tabread_stoppable_f(SignalTabread*, float*)’:
c/HvSignalTabread.h:141:15: warning: comparison of integer expressions of different signedness: ‘uint32_t’ {aka ‘long unsigned int’} and ‘int’ [-Wsign-compare]
141 | if (o->head == ~0x0) {
| ~~^
arm-none-eabi-gcc -x assembler-with-cpp -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -Ic/ -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/startup_stm32h750xx.d" …/…/libdaisy/core/startup_stm32h750xx.s -o build/startup_stm32h750xx.o
arm-none-eabi-g++ build/HvControlBinop.o build/HvControlCast.o build/HvControlDelay.o build/HvControlSlice.o build/HvControlSystem.o build/HvControlTabhead.o build/HvControlVar.o build/HvLightPipe.o build/HvMessage.o build/HvMessagePool.o build/HvMessageQueue.o build/HvSignalDel1.o build/HvSignalPhasor.o build/HvSignalRPole.o build/HvSignalSample.o build/HvSignalTabread.o build/HvSignalTabwrite.o build/HvSignalVar.o build/HvTable.o build/HvUtils.o build/system_stm32h7xx.o build/Heavy_Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.o build/HeavyContext.o build/HvHeavy.o build/Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.o build/startup_stm32h750xx.o -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard --specs=nano.specs --specs=nosys.specs -T…/…/libdaisy/core/STM32H750IB_flash.lds -L…/…/libdaisy/build -ldaisy -lc -lm -lnosys -Wl,-Map=build/Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.map,–cref -Wl,–gc-sections -o build/Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.elf
c:/program files (x86)/gnu arm embedded toolchain/9 2020-q2-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: build/Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.elf section .text' will not fit in region FLASH’
c:/program files (x86)/gnu arm embedded toolchain/9 2020-q2-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `FLASH’ overflowed by 43452 bytes
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [build/Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.elf] Error 1

Now I have a new folder called build with 78 files in it.

So my question, am I on the right way or is “make: *** [build/Dattorroverb_pdversion_allinone2.elf] Error 1” saying that there is something wrong?
What should I have at the end to flash the patch on the daisy patch module? Should I get a single file at the end, or a folder with more files? And can I flash it with the daisy web programmer or do I have to use the dfu-util to flash from the commandline?

I´m not that much into programming so maybe I have installed something wrong on my computer.

Since it seems like two separate issues i’ll address it in two parts:

1. The pd2dsy.py error (“missing paranthesis” on print) is due to the wrong version of python being used. the Hvcc compiler requires python 2.x, and doesn’t work with python3. So you should be able to use it by running with python 2 instead.

2. The second half looks like the build failed due to the size of your patch. The Daisy’s internal FLASH section is only 128kB so very large patches won’t fit in the internal flash. That said, once the external flash loader has been finished and tested, we can integrate into the pd2dsy tool allowing for larger patches to fit. This is still a ways out, though.

Hope that helps with your questions.

Thanks for the reply, will try :slight_smile:

It worked, thank you so much!
unfortunatly not with my reverb because it seems to be too large, but i´ve got another patch running flawlessly. Looking forward to the external flash loader.

I tried to create the object [r Knob1 @hv_param .5 0 1] in Pure Data but the potentiometer doesn’t work.
among other things, the third value represents the default value, so the correct way to write the object would be this: [r Knob1 @hv_param 0 1 0.5] the first 2 values represent the interval and the third the default value.
There’s another problem. It seems the range of values is not working. If I type the object in this way [r Knob1 @hv_param 0 10 5], the range I find is still between 0 and 1.
What can it depend on?

Is it possible to work with buffers? I´ve made a beatrepeat/looper effect where I record in a table with tabwrite and play back with tabread. When i flash the patch, I have no sound and the parameters on the display are stuck at the position from the patch i used before.
The patch builds fine and shows no errors. Also make works fine. If i run make program-dfu, it shows the error:
Error during download get_status
make: *** [program-dfu] Fehler 74

but i get this error on every other patch too and flashing other patches works all the time. I´ve set the samplerate in pd to 48kHz and tried putting the buffer length on 4 and later on 2 seconds. I´ve built the patch like in this tutorial from the owl module: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHBQR9AUEB4

EDIT: I´ve got it working by setting the buffer length to 1 second. it seems like the same issue that @kreiff had with the maximum delay length of 2000ms.

1 Like

Hi Shensley, I was unable to use Petal as a 6 pot board.
how should i go about using petal’s configuration?
Is it possible to use python command with petal?
python pd2dsy.py --board petal mypatch.pd
I tried but when I try to run make I get the following error:

tremolo_petal.cpp: In function 'void ProcessControls()':

tremolo_petal.cpp:55:22: error: ‘DaisyNumParameters’ was not declared in this scope
55 | for (int j = 0; j < DaisyNumParameters; j++){
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tremolo_petal.cpp:56:10: error: ‘DaisyParameters’ was not declared in this scope
56 | if (DaisyParameters[j].name == name)
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
make: *** [build/tremolo_petal.o] Error 1

Maybe the Python command only works on seed and patch boards?

@LogicPsycho with the way everything is set up right now the pd->daisy conversion doesn’t know about the different memory sections yet. So the RAM usage is limited to the default RAM section (512kB). However, we’ll be adding in some functionality to put large buffers in the external SDRAM (64MB total available) as soon as we finish the initial hardware support for the break out boards.

This leads me to @alpignolo’s issue compiling for the Petal. I had misspoken; the command I mentioned will work, but does not yet. At this time only the Pod, and Patch can be used with the control mappings.

I’m making a point to make sure that these two things specifically (board support for Seed, Pod, Patch, Petal, and Field) and the use of larger buffers become available ASAP. I will try to get at least the Petal support for 6 knobs up sometime this week, and the Field, Seed, and external RAM support in the next 2-3 weeks.

4 Likes

ok, thanks Shensley. Please keep us updated on these things.

Hi folks! Success report.

Daisy Seed, macOS.

Obtained, from Homebrew: gcc-arm-embedded, dfu-utils .

Built libdaisy from Git submodule in pd2dsy. Placed a symlink back into the repo at this location such that the path to libdaisy written to generated code resolves.

Compiled a variation of one of Pd’s waveform examples:

Produces a sine tone. Hello, world!

1 Like