Pure Data

This Daisy has analog in wired up so next I’ll probably try putting an electric guitar through some chorusing effect.

With the info provided, it only took about 3 hours to get to this point. And I read slowly… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

More success. A chorus patch stolen from the Guitar Extended site:

Note that I needed to do no more than use adc~, to include guitar input, as you might intuitively expect. But note there are not any controls. Refreshingly minimalist.

1 Like

That’s great, I’ll have to try it again. Can pd2dsy handle a patch made of multiple files?

@plate.of.shrimp

Sounds great.

I am a bit of beginner on this level.

Can you describe what you did to make the script work with Daisy Seeds? Like the whole process for a to z? Do you have potentiometers working for editing the PD patch?

Thanks in advance :wink:

@Jaffasplaffa - Neither of the patches use potentiometers or any controls. The patch for the sine wave is misleading, it contains a receiver object that is not wired up and appears to behave like a loadbang in this situation. So a more clear patch diagram is

@tele_player - I haven’t tried any multiple-file patches. pd2dsy appears to accept only one file?

In case there was confusion: there was no intent to specifically address any of the questions or problems stated in this thread; this is merely a “something works for me” anecdote. Since the topic is general, I felt this posting was fine.

@tele_player Re. multiple files: I believe there was an update not too long ago that fixed an issue with multiple files. So I think as long as the pd files are in the same directory as the one you pass in via the arguments it will work.

@shensley there is news on the Petal control mapping?

Has anyone tried to use the variable delay “vd~” ?
I have successfully used the item “delread~” but failed to use “vd~”.
there must be some problem…

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone else is getting an
ImportError: No module named enum
message when running the
python pd2dsy.py --board pod mypatch.pd
or
sudo python pd2dsy.py --board pod mypatch.pd
commands?

A folder is created containing an ‘h’, ‘cpp’ and Makefile but I don’t get the ‘c’, ‘hv’ or ‘ir’ folders.

Any help would be appreciated.

@alpignolo oh my gosh, my bad on the delay on the Petal stuff. Totally slipped my mind last Friday. I’ll try to get the petal stuff added a bit later today.

@the_ghost_saboteur ImportError usually means that you’re missing a python package. Hvcc has a requirements.txt file. So from the hvcc root directory you can run: pip install -r requirements.txt to install the specific python packages required by hvcc. Hope that helps!

@shensley thanks for the update. Can you also help me understand why the vd ~ object is not working?

@alpignolo I don’t know why the vd~ object isn’t working.

Worth mentioning, a few unexpected issues popped up getting the petal stuff working. I have it compiling with the Petal now, but I want to test a few things and make sure it works.

For now, I pushed a modified pod example (for the petal) and updated the daisy_boards.h file to a new branch, and opened a PR . So feel free to check that out and start experimenting.

You’ll likely need to manually update libdaisy to the latest master to get it to compile (due to the previous lack of non-interleaved callback for the petal).

On Monday, I’ll be able to set aside some time to test all the controls, etc. and make sure everything’s working okay. I can look into the vd~ object not working at the same time.

thanks @shensley, I update libdaisy and start experimenting.
I also thank you for taking a look at the vd~ object, without that pure data is unusable.

Thanks for this @shensley , it worked a treat!

@alpignolo my pd help to vd~ reads: “old, slightly rude synonym” and suggests delread4~ instead.

Delread4~ is not supported by hvv.

See list of objects here:

In my experience, vd~ works fine. I’ve successfully used pd2dsy to get Miller Puckette’s pitch shift example (G09.pitchshift.pd) to run on daisy.

The only changes I made to the original sketch were adding a hvv knob to replace the [receive] “transpose” for changing the pitch and changing the “G09-del” value from 5000 to 2000 (5 seconds required too much memory). I also replaced the “input” and “output” objects with the required ADC and DAC objects. Other than that, the sketch is identical.

@kreiff, I also tried to modify the patch as you did and inside pure data works correctly, while when I export it with hvcc for pod-daisy the potentiometer to vary the pitch does not work.
I also tried a simple delay patch. With “delread” it works while with “vd” it doesn’t. This below is the patch I made:
delay

@alpignolo [vd~] requires a signal input to adjust the delay time. The multiplier object in your example is [* 900], but would need to be [*~ 900] in order to provide the knob ADC signal through to your [vd~ delay] object. That should fix it for you.

1 Like

Or maybe adding a line~ for smoothing the parameter, that should fix both the vd~ problem and any potential problems when changing the delay time :slight_smile:

@kreiff yes, it works, thanks a lot