MaxMSP Gen Examples

Hello! I’m having trouble finding in the Wiki the guide to uploading Gen patches to the Daisy. Does anyone know where I can find them? Thanks!

2 Likes

I would like info on this as well.
Especially with how to incorporate Gen~ with C++ controls. Because obviously Gen~ won’t have the ability to deal all the hardware components or deal with incoming events.

Thank you!

Im having the same problem. Cant find any info on how to get Daisy and Max to play together! Maybe I’m not seeing something but I’d really like to know. Will continue searching and post any findings :slight_smile:

Max Gen~ support is still in the works.
We are working with developers at Cycling on the integration right now.

As soon as it’s ready to go we will create documentation and tutorials on how to create / upload Max Gen~ patches to the Daisy!

3 Likes

Really excited about this, especially if you are working with Cycling’74 to do it.

Any ideas at this stage as to when we might be able to start using gen~?

2 Likes

Hey hey,

only want to ask, if someone knows something about the max gen intergration? Is there some news or a timetable/roadmap on release of the support?

kind regards Frank

3 Likes

Hey Electrosmith
Really keen to know whats happening with the Max Gen integration. I think a lot of people are waiting on this and to be honest (without going into complaining mode too much) when its says its works with Max on the product page its a little frustrating to find that it actually doesn’t (yet).

5 Likes

+1 to this. Some update on where Max integration is up to and roughly when we can expect something would be great. Being able to build custom DSP for my eurorack system with gen was one of the main reasons I got the patch. I haven’t been able to figure out how to export and upload code yet so any pointers or examples we could work with while we wait for the full integration to land would also be really helpful.

3 Likes

Agreed. This is why I backed the project for a Pod and 6 Seeds. Some kind of comment from Electrosmith would be really nice.

1 Like

Please post a status update regarding the progress with gen~/Cycling 74 collaboration every two weeks and let us know what has been accomplished. If you cannot provide a realistic timeframe for when gen will be supported, then at least offer a refund to those of us who purchased your product. I have no use for the product unless it fully supports gen~.

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay here.

We are still working with the Cycling developers to finish the Gen~ integration.

It is getting closer and we started on beta testing across the different hardware platforms last week (Pod, Patch, Petal, Field).

I’ll update the thread sometime this week with a better timeline on its release.

5 Likes

Hi all, I’m hard at work on the gen~ integration – it’s working nicely on the Patch but still in need of more loving attention to be released… soon!

4 Likes

Hi All!

Just wanted to give you a quick update on the gen~ integration.

We are currently testing a beta version of the gen2daisy package along with the Cycling developers.

Will have more info soon.

5 Likes

(nudge nudge nudge) :slight_smile:
How’s this advancing?
How does one assign daisy GPIO knobs/switches to a ~gen object?

Any updates?

Thank you for the great work!

We are very close to a public beta.
I will ping this thread once it’s ready.

Again I apologize for the delay in release, we are working very hard to implement Gen~ correctly, and working hand in hand with the Cycling developers to bring it to fruition.

4 Likes

Is there going to be any way to output CV/gates from gen~ patches? It’s an issue since params are usable for input only there.

Yes, it is possible to generate CV/gates, and even MIDI, in addition to controlling LEDs from the gen~ integration.

We will have a lot of news on this very soon :smile:

Could you clarify if you’re (ab-)using extra audio channels for CV output, or is there a better way to handle it from gen~?

Haha, yes it will be done by (ab-)using additional, named output channels (They use names for clarity). LEDs on the Field are the exception (since there are 24 of them), and are accessed via the [data] object.