Daisy Patch Submodule

The pinout PDF (link below) has a graphic for pin headers B and C that inidicates the pin numbers should be read as rotated by 90 degress clockwise. I believe the rotation should be 90 degrees anti-clockwise.

The graphic is confusing to read but it is correct.

The photo should be rotated clockwise 90 degrees, rather than the graphic, if that makes sense.
When the pin header from the photo is rotated clockwise 90 degrees, B1 winds up on the top left of the header bank which is what the diagram demonstrates.

Hope this helps!

Mine arrived recently and I’ve been having a fun time getting to know c++ better ever since!

Quick question, what I/o on the module works/doesn’t work when powered by usb Vs +/-12v? I assume stuff that relies on opamps like CV and audio out and possibly CV and audio in might not be working when usb powered, but I might be wrong.
Just wondering as breadboarding oled screen connections before I commit to ordering PCBs will be a bit more complicated if I also need to power it with euro power to get that working!

Is there a kicad footprint for the daisy submodule? Would speed up my scheming

wrings hands in a sinister fashion

Oh hey Liv!I will clean up and post my submodule component and footprint later today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It looks like the GATE_OUT_1 and GATE_OUT_2 pin assignments got swapped in the documentation.The datasheet says GATE_OUT_1 is on B5 and GATE_OUT_2 is on B6. In DaisyPatchSM::Init() the gate out pin assigments are reversed: gate_out_1.pin = B6, gate_out_2.pin = B5

I have one if you still need it

1 Like

yeah! please! and thank you!

@livartz @NonVerbalPoetry

Hi Liv, and Fen! Just wanted to point out that we actually have CAD devices for the Patch SM in KiCAD.

They are bundled in the zip of design files for the Patch.Init hardware.. This link is accessible from the Patch.Init product page.

This is obviously a bit hard to find without just happening upon them. So we’ll work on moving them to a dedicated link that makes it clear that they’re for KiCAD :slight_smile:

The project included has been ordered, built, and tested by us here at Electrosmith. So feel free to use it as a starting point for your own hardware explorations.

4 Likes

Ohh this is awesome and much fancier than the one I made!! Thank you! I already ordered two different PCBs using my footprint (which I was relieved to find works fine) but will definitely use this one for the next one (I’m sure there will be a next one, it’s such a cool bit if hardware).

2 Likes

Hey hey I have an amateur question. I’n in a process were I want to design my own custom mixer module for eurorack and still at the point to deside if I do it the analog way or go digital. So I remembered your new submodule release and the eurorack blogs development project. I went into the specs and my question is, are there are only two audio inputs and two outputs? The 12 adc inputs I can’t use for audio, only for cv, knobs and so on?
6 to 8 stereo channels would be awesome and one to two buses plus main stereo out would be perfect, but I guess I can’t realise this with the daisy submodule?

Thanks in advance,
Frank

Hi All,
Probably silly questions, sorry I’m new in the item.
I’m going probably to buy a Daisy Patch Submodule.

Is it received already mounted and welded?

Is there any rack ready to be used with?

As far as I’ve understood eurorsck block is at the beginning and need some handling to be mounted.

Thanks
Domenico

It ships with all of the headers, and parts installed.

You might consider the patch.Init() for a full rack ready implementation.

Hope this helps!

Hi @andrewikenberry Thanks for the fast replay and info.

I would like to use patch submodule basically as audio/midi interface class compliant, so I would need audio connectors and MIDI connectors, both as 5pin and as USB HUB (MIDI) connections.
So Patch.Init is missing those requirements.

Also, I’ve understood there no examples similar to my use case and probably it can’t be done, especially for transforming the USB interface as audio interfaces for an host device (i.e. IPad).

Anyhow I would give a try hopping concetrating just on SW part.

Thanks
Domenico

Hello Smith

Can I find Daisy Submodule as usb audio interface in the audio status option in max/msp and Puredata?

Thanks.

hey there friends, having trouble putting my daisy patch init into boot loader mode, nothing happens when i hold down the boot and press reset ie no blinking lights as dictated in the help docs, is there a possibility my was damaged?

@stanybebe Mine works fine. What are your repro steps?

Does anybody have their st link v3 working with the daisy patch submodule? I can’t get it to work. I can flash using the bootloader (from pd2psy) via USB but not through the ST-LINK v3.

There is no photo of which way around the cable goes for the submodule. They only describe how to connect to the little board (seed?). I tried the cable both ways.

Does anyone know when the next batch of Daisy Submodule will be available? I didn’t realize there was a difference between Submodule and Seed when I bought the Seed – i.e. the Seed being only having an AC coupled DAC, whereas the Submodule is DC coupled.

I clicked the pre-order button. Btw, I tried to search the forum for an answer to this, but probably missed it, perhaps.

They are back in stock now!