Daisy Patch Submodule

Hello Everyone!

We are happy to introduce our latest development: the Daisy Patch Submodule!

Daisy Patch Submodule is a new Eurorack-focused development platform complete with all necessary components onboard for Eurorack integration, open-source hardware design files, and a companion Eurorack evaluation platform: the patch.Init().

Shipping February 8, 2022. Accepting pre-orders now.

Meet The Daisy Patch Submodule

The Daisy Patch Submodule is a DSP platform for Eurorack synthesizer modules. It features a lightning fast STM32 processor, high fidelity stereo audio codec, and enough RAM for 10 minute long buffers - all with standard signal levels and conditioning for the Eurorack ecosystem.

Simply design your carrier board, and let the Patch Submodule do the rest!

Programming is a breeze with support for C++, Max/MSP Gen~, Pure Data, Arduino, and more. These languages can be coupled with our open source DSP library, DaisySP, for a powerful music synthesis programming environment.

Create your dream Eurorack module with the Daisy Patch SM!

• STM32 processor at 480MHz, 96kHz / 24-bit audio, RAM for up to 10 minute audio buffers
  • Stereo audio IO, x12 ADC inputs ( 16-bit bipolar CV or potentiometer), x2 CV outputs (12-bit), x2 gate inputs, x2 gate outputs, x12 GPIO
  • Flash firmware over USB via open source web programmer
  • Support for SDDMC, SPI, UART, I2C, and USB
  • FCC / CE Tested and Compliant

You can find additional resources, including the datasheet, hardware design files, and more on the Daisy Patch Submodule product page.

Meet The patch.Init()

The patch.Init() is our exploratory modular interface for the Daisy Patch Submodule. Open-source both in hardware and firmware, the patch.Init() is the perfect jumping off point for your next modular DSP project.

• Eurorack development platform for the Daisy Patch Submodule
  • High Fidelity Daisy architecture: 24-bit, 96kHz sample-rate, 64MB SDRAM, STM32 H7 processor
  • Stereo I/O
  • Utilitarian design, with code-matching front panel parameter names

You can learn more about the patch.Init() and grab the hardware design files on its product page.

We are excited to share our first Daisy-integrated submodule with you today, and would love to receive your feedback on the product, the resources, and hear what you are planning to create with the Daisy Patch Submodule!

Until our next announcement, happy making and we’ll see you on the forums!

8 Likes

Does the the Patch SM have reverse voltage protection on the Eurorack power pins?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

Yes it does have reverse protection onboard.

Does B7 have an LED behind it?

@Manysounds

Nope, B7 is a white momentary push button! CV_OUT_2 / C1 is an led though, so you’ll have that on the front panel.

If you were designing your own module with the PatchSM however, you could definitely have a button with an led shining through.

hello Mr. Smith, did all the pre-orders ship out yesterday? i pre-ordered on the first day but haven’t received any tracking number.
do these get sent out considering it’s a flat $30 shipping charge to get from San Clemente up to Los Angeles?

Hi Subliminal Machines, and welcome to the forum!

We are in the process of shipping out all remaining Patch SM and Init() orders today.

hello Andrew, thanks for the reply. will initial pre-orders be receiving a tracking number or do i just have to keep checking the mailbox every ten mins?

You will receive a tracking number once it ships!

ah, just got the shipping notification and tracking number. can you tell i’m super eager to receive it?

thanks!

3 Likes

cheers to Electro-Smith, i not only got a tracking number when my package shipped but also a big chunk of the flat rate shipping was refunded. so happy, rah, rah! Daisy, forever.

1 Like

Hello, I have sent 2 emails to the hello@ email and have had no reply. I received an email last week that the submodule was shipping and see that the last of them were shipped via this forum however I have yet to receive confirmation and tracking and my emails have been seemingly ignored. Can someone please let me know if there is an issue with my order?

We’re still working our way through some of the backlog.
An incoming shipment was delayed due to Chinese New Year last week and we’re still catching up from Omicron related staff absences.

Everything is on track now and if you haven’t gotten an email response yet, I’m sure it will go out tomorrow.

Thank you. I did receive an email. All is well. Glad to know my order was processed. Thank you Andrew. Hope all is well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to buy a patch.Init() (a great daisy-patch companion!), but can I use a ST-Link V3 debugger with it? And are the pins easily accessible?

2 Likes

Yes, you can use the ST-Link debugger with the Patch Submodule.

The pins are available but you will need to solder in the male mini JTAG to the Patch SM, or place the male header inside of the female headers on the debugger side.

We’re going to put these these up on the Electrosmith site soon but here is a part number for the JTAG header: 20021111-00010T4LF

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you! _________

1 Like

Got the patch in the mail early today. Thanks for getting back to me and making sure it got out. He is quite impressed. Loaded up the development today and did some test programs. Very very nice! May be the perfect solution we need. :slight_smile:
I am happy to see this growth with ES, the daisy and the collaborations happening. I take it, with that in mind, the daisy patch subs will be mass produced for bulk purchase as long as demand stays?

Glad to hear it!
:grinning:

Yes, that is correct.
There are already some manufacturers who have designed it into products coming out this year.

If you’re interested in wholesale purchasing, reach out via email and we can go over the details.

1 Like

As a software developer with little hardware experience, I have had so much fun with this in the few days since it arrived! I also appreciate all of the open source examples packed with it- this got me off the ground a lot faster than just reading doc would have. It fits my dsp needs better than a module like the teletype and I may end up contributing some of my firmwares or classes once they’re more refined.

I’d love to see something like this but with a focus on having lots of CV and gate outputs as for a multichannel sequencer or some other CV-heavy processor. Excited to see what I can do with your tech!

2 Likes