Daisy Patch Submodule

@livartz @NonVerbalPoetry

Hi Liv, and Fen! Just wanted to point out that we actually have CAD devices for the Patch SM in KiCAD.

They are bundled in the zip of design files for the Patch.Init hardware.. This link is accessible from the Patch.Init product page.

This is obviously a bit hard to find without just happening upon them. So we’ll work on moving them to a dedicated link that makes it clear that they’re for KiCAD :slight_smile:

The project included has been ordered, built, and tested by us here at Electrosmith. So feel free to use it as a starting point for your own hardware explorations.

4 Likes

Ohh this is awesome and much fancier than the one I made!! Thank you! I already ordered two different PCBs using my footprint (which I was relieved to find works fine) but will definitely use this one for the next one (I’m sure there will be a next one, it’s such a cool bit if hardware).

2 Likes

Hey hey I have an amateur question. I’n in a process were I want to design my own custom mixer module for eurorack and still at the point to deside if I do it the analog way or go digital. So I remembered your new submodule release and the eurorack blogs development project. I went into the specs and my question is, are there are only two audio inputs and two outputs? The 12 adc inputs I can’t use for audio, only for cv, knobs and so on?
6 to 8 stereo channels would be awesome and one to two buses plus main stereo out would be perfect, but I guess I can’t realise this with the daisy submodule?

Thanks in advance,
Frank

Hi All,
Probably silly questions, sorry I’m new in the item.
I’m going probably to buy a Daisy Patch Submodule.

Is it received already mounted and welded?

Is there any rack ready to be used with?

As far as I’ve understood eurorsck block is at the beginning and need some handling to be mounted.

Thanks
Domenico

It ships with all of the headers, and parts installed.

You might consider the patch.Init() for a full rack ready implementation.

Hope this helps!

Hi @andrewikenberry Thanks for the fast replay and info.

I would like to use patch submodule basically as audio/midi interface class compliant, so I would need audio connectors and MIDI connectors, both as 5pin and as USB HUB (MIDI) connections.
So Patch.Init is missing those requirements.

Also, I’ve understood there no examples similar to my use case and probably it can’t be done, especially for transforming the USB interface as audio interfaces for an host device (i.e. IPad).

Anyhow I would give a try hopping concetrating just on SW part.

Thanks
Domenico

Hello Smith

Can I find Daisy Submodule as usb audio interface in the audio status option in max/msp and Puredata?

Thanks.

hey there friends, having trouble putting my daisy patch init into boot loader mode, nothing happens when i hold down the boot and press reset ie no blinking lights as dictated in the help docs, is there a possibility my was damaged?

@stanybebe Mine works fine. What are your repro steps?

Does anybody have their st link v3 working with the daisy patch submodule? I can’t get it to work. I can flash using the bootloader (from pd2psy) via USB but not through the ST-LINK v3.

There is no photo of which way around the cable goes for the submodule. They only describe how to connect to the little board (seed?). I tried the cable both ways.

Does anyone know when the next batch of Daisy Submodule will be available? I didn’t realize there was a difference between Submodule and Seed when I bought the Seed – i.e. the Seed being only having an AC coupled DAC, whereas the Submodule is DC coupled.

I clicked the pre-order button. Btw, I tried to search the forum for an answer to this, but probably missed it, perhaps.

They are back in stock now!

Will the schematic be available ?

We’re working on a new version of the datasheet which will show the schematic connections between the pinout and the MCU.

Also curious about the +3v3 and +5v supplies - any idea what the current output on them is?

+5V: 800mA
+3V3: 500mA

For future reference, these pins are specced in Table 1 in the datasheet (p2).

1 Like

Hi
My Daisy Submodule is in the post!
I’ve already downloaded the gerbers and printed off the control board.
Is there any way to get the gerbers/design files for the front panel?
Thanks

I based mine off this one when I built a Patch.init():

Hello, any news about adding the ST Link Debugger? I don’t know where to solder. Just bought a ST Link Mini but really don’t know very much on hardware. I can solder, no problem for that I’d like to see this post earlier to also order the missing male pin to solder
Thanks

I’m not sure what you have, patch.Init() or Daisy Patch Submodule. The init is supposed to come with a jtag header. The submodule does not, perhaps this is what you’re looking for: