Botrytis mono synth for Daisy Patch

Hey all, I wanted to share a project I’ve been working on for a while now that I’m calling “botrytis”. It’s a midi mono synth with FM capabilities, some effects, assignable inputs and outputs, a clock, and some other stuff to discover. The github is here with all the details in the readme, and I uploaded a quick video demo here. Thanks for taking a look, and lemme know what you think or if you have questions.

8 Likes

I can’t tell you how happy I am to see some more Patch projects! I will 100% be flashing this onto my patch and check this out once I’m back from work!

Also, I just wanted to take a moment to say “Hey now … that code is pristine!”, lol. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you come from a Functional Programming background? A lot of your code is clean, tiny functions, your large predicates read more like pattern matching, and I love how you’ve broken up everything into tiny modules. Great Job!

2 Likes

Awesome! This looks fantastic! I’ll definitely be trying it out as well!

1 Like

Thanks, and glad to hear you think it’s clean! I’ve only dabbled in c/c++ before this so I wasn’t sure if being less familiar with the language would result in less readable code. And you’re half right, I spend most of my time in c# and typescript, which aren’t purely functional but I do tend to reach for the functional aspects at every opportunity.

1 Like