Using WavPlayer with Arduino environment

Hello,
I’m trying to use the WavPlayer provided with the DaisyExamples.
https://github.com/electro-smith/DaisyExamples/tree/master/seed/WavPlayer
I’m using Arduino to program my Daisy seed, and it’s pretty obvious that the code is not written for the Arduino environment. I’m curious how can I achieve the same functionality with Arduino code?
And also, are there any limitations to what I can do, when using the Arduino environment rather than the Toolchain?

Hi. I see you’re working on Wav-player and Daisy. It’s still early days, but I’m puzzled by so little talk in the forum about wav players or samplers. One should think this was one of the first things to emerge on the platform, seeing it’s ment for audio.

> I’m using Arduino to program my Daisy seed, and it’s pretty obvious that the code is not written for the Arduino environment.

Do you find Daisy programming esoteric and unfriendly with Arduino?

I don’t think it’s “unfriendly”, it’s actually really easy to use the Arduino IDE to compile and flash code to the seed. IMO, it’s much straight forward than using command line and makefiles to flash.
Although I’m quite familiar with C++, and maybe I can get my project done with libDaisy, there are so many useful and well documented Arduino libraries for peripheral devices. In my testing, I hooked up a graphic LCD, A 8x8 LED matrix via SPI, and all the existing Arduino libraries for them works perfectly with Daisy seed.
IMO the problem with Daisy and Arduino is the support for specific hardware like the SDRAM, to my understanding (correct me if I’m wrong :slightly_smiling_face:) the Arduino can only address around 500KB of ram in Daisy seed, Instead of 64MB on the seed. And the reverbsc example along takes around 70% of that 500KB :roll_eyes:
Maybe by using libDaisy I can use the full potential of seed, but that way I will have to rewrite lots of code to suppoort devices like LCDs, since the Arduino libraries won’t work with them. I will have to spend time writing “drivers” for them instead of focusing on the features I’m building for my projects.
Daisy already works well as a Arduino compatible board. Hope the Devs can provide more support for Arduino in the future to make use of all the hardware on the seed. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your reply.
I’m in no position whatsoever to correct you if you’re wrong :smile: I’m pretty much a consumer with nada knowledge of code. I’m simply curious on what seems to be a really cool platform for home-grown creativity.

Too bad if it’s awkward to use for the majority of coders who works with audio. I suppose the less obsticals - the more exiting stuff we’ll see. Perhaps someone will use the open source Mutable Instruments code. I’ll stick around and check out developments for now.