Troubles with compiling SD card examples

Hi,

I’m not able to compile any SD card example due to the following compile errors:

/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m+dp/hard/libc_nano.a(libc_a-closer.o): in function `_close_r':
/data/jenkins/workspace/GNU-toolchain/arm-11/src/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/reent/closer.c:47: warning: _close is not implemented and will always fail
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m+dp/hard/libc_nano.a(libc_a-fstatr.o): in function `_fstat_r':
/data/jenkins/workspace/GNU-toolchain/arm-11/src/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/reent/fstatr.c:55: warning: _fstat is not implemented and will always fail
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m+dp/hard/libc_nano.a(libc_a-signalr.o): in function `_getpid_r':
/data/jenkins/workspace/GNU-toolchain/arm-11/src/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/reent/signalr.c:83: warning: _getpid is not implemented and will always fail
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m+dp/hard/libc_nano.a(libc_a-isattyr.o): in function `_isatty_r':
/data/jenkins/workspace/GNU-toolchain/arm-11/src/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/reent/isattyr.c:52: warning: _isatty is not implemented and will always fail
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m+dp/hard/libc_nano.a(libc_a-signalr.o): in function `_kill_r':
/data/jenkins/workspace/GNU-toolchain/arm-11/src/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/reent/signalr.c:53: warning: _kill is not implemented and will always fail
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m+dp/hard/libc_nano.a(libc_a-lseekr.o): in function `_lseek_r':
/data/jenkins/workspace/GNU-toolchain/arm-11/src/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/reent/lseekr.c:49: warning: _lseek is not implemented and will always fail
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m+dp/hard/libc_nano.a(libc_a-readr.o): in function `_read_r':
/data/jenkins/workspace/GNU-toolchain/arm-11/src/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/reent/readr.c:49: warning: _read is not implemented and will always fail
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7e-m+dp/hard/libc_nano.a(libc_a-writer.o): in function `_write_r':
/data/jenkins/workspace/GNU-toolchain/arm-11/src/newlib-cygwin/newlib/libc/reent/writer.c:49: warning: _write is not implemented and will always fail
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: ../../../Programs/githubs/DaisyExamples/libDaisy//build/libdaisy.a(ff.o): in function `cmp_lfn':
/home/[USER]/Projects/HEMAU/sine_and_reverb/../../../Programs/githubs/DaisyExamples/libDaisy//Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src/ff.c:1693: undefined reference to `ff_wtoupper'
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /home/[USER]/Projects/HEMAU/sine_and_reverb/../../../Programs/githubs/DaisyExamples/libDaisy//Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src/ff.c:1693: undefined reference to `ff_wtoupper'
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: ../../../Programs/githubs/DaisyExamples/libDaisy//build/libdaisy.a(ff.o): in function `create_name':
/home/[USER]/Projects/HEMAU/sine_and_reverb/../../../Programs/githubs/DaisyExamples/libDaisy//Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src/ff.c:2646: undefined reference to `ff_convert'
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /home/[USER]/Projects/HEMAU/sine_and_reverb/../../../Programs/githubs/DaisyExamples/libDaisy//Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src/ff.c:2698: undefined reference to `ff_convert'

What can I do?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers!

ahhhhh. not again. scratching my head for days. posting in the forum. problem found within 5 minutes…
so here is the solution if anyone is having hard time like me:
you must place this flag in the makefile:

USE_FATFS = 1

So my next problem:

this doesn’t work:

SdmmcHandler::BusWidth::BITS_4

this works:

SdmmcHandler::Speed::STANDARD
SdmmcHandler::BusWidth::BITS_1

Anyone with an idea?

Is somebody expected to guess what your hardware setup is, and what you mean by ‘doesn’t work’, and what the rest of the code looks like?

I probably don’t have an answer, but you will likely get better responses if you supply relevant details.

You’re right! sorry…
I’m on a breadboarded daisy seed.
I’ve double checked my connections.
Using this breakout board.
The source code is the example from github.
This is not working for me out of the box.
What information should I provide more to make it more clear?

cheers!

I know this is an old post but; Thanks! Same headache here… Overlooking Makefile seems to be a reoccurring theme with me…

Your second problem might be caused by speed limitations on a breadboard: