Sudden toolchain error..nichts geht mehr

Hi all,

i was playing around with the new oopsy and suddenly i got a new compiler error.

oopsy-verbose: “oopsy compiler error”
oopsy-verbose: “Error: Command failed: export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin && make clean && make”
oopsy-verbose: “In file included from …/genlib_daisy.h:16,”
oopsy-verbose: " from Untitled1_petal.cpp:28:"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:188:32: error: ‘t_sample exp2(t_sample)’ conflicts with a previous declaration”
oopsy-verbose: " 188 | inline t_sample exp2(t_sample v) { return pow(2., v); }"
oopsy-verbose: " | ^"

I can not compile anything anymore…
I tried :
Removing oopsy and cloning it from git…release and bootloader one…no dice
Reinstalling Daisy toolchain, rebrewing arm-none-eabi-gcc…no change.

Any idea what else I could do ? Besides nuking my old Mac.
I am sure it got scared my the announce of the new MacPro yesterday :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey Sascha!
Good to hear from you :slight_smile:

I would like to confirm some things with you.
So the prerelease was working before and it suddenly did not anymore? If so, do you happen to remember what changed on your computer, the patch that you’re working on, and etc.
Also, do the examples still build and flash?

Hello again,

Yes, super weird…
I cloned oopsy as usual and swapped to the bootloader branch.
I made the custom .json file and was able to compile a 200kb file.
But after flashing the bootloader image with the web programmer i stumbled a bit.
The breathing, flashing sequences are new to me, but I think i managed to flash something to the Seed.
But the program itself did not run…i tried others from the web programmer , went back to DFU mode and flashed my old stuff…that worked.
Back on the bootloader and suddenly Max started complaining…
Here is the full error report…that happens when opening any of the templates now.

gen~: exported: Monterey:/Users/saschaawhaber/Documents/Max 8/Packages/oopsy/source/Untitled1.cpp
oopsy-verbose: script start petal 48kHz block48 “/Users/saschaawhaber/Documents/Max 8/Packages/oopsy/source/Untitled1.cpp” boost
oopsy-verbose: stop success dictionary u315000799
oopsy-verbose: start success dictionary u832000804
oopsy-verbose: “using build tools found in /usr/local/bin”
oopsy-verbose: “Target petal configured in path /Users/saschaawhaber/Documents/Max 8/Packages/oopsy/source/daisy.petal.json”
oopsy-verbose: “Building to /Users/saschaawhaber/Documents/Max 8/Packages/oopsy/source/build_Untitled1_petal”
oopsy-verbose: “Will upload from /Users/saschaawhaber/Documents/Max 8/Packages/oopsy/source/Untitled1.cpp by writing to:”
oopsy-verbose: " /Users/saschaawhaber/Documents/Max 8/Packages/oopsy/source/build_Untitled1_petal/Untitled1_petal.cpp"
oopsy-verbose: " /Users/saschaawhaber/Documents/Max 8/Packages/oopsy/source/build_Untitled1_petal/Makefile"
oopsy-verbose: " /Users/saschaawhaber/Documents/Max 8/Packages/oopsy/source/build_Untitled1_petal/build/Untitled1.bin"
oopsy-verbose: “oopsy generated code”
oopsy-verbose: “oopsy compiling…”
oopsy-verbose: compiling…
oopsy-verbose: “generated code”
oopsy-verbose: “Error: Command failed: export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin && make clean && make”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:188:32: error: ‘t_sample exp2(t_sample)’ conflicts with a previous declaration”
oopsy-verbose: “In file included from /Library/DaisyToolchain/0.1.2/arm/arm-none-eabi/include/c++/10.3.1/math.h:36,”
oopsy-verbose: " from …/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32h7xx_hal_def.h:33,"
oopsy-verbose: " from …/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32h7xx_hal_rcc.h:29,"
oopsy-verbose: " from …/libdaisy/src/sys/stm32h7xx_hal_conf.h:269,"
oopsy-verbose: " from …/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32h7xx_hal.h:30,"
oopsy-verbose: " from …/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include/stm32h7xx.h:186,"
oopsy-verbose: " from :"
oopsy-verbose: “/Library/DaisyToolchain/0.1.2/arm/arm-none-eabi/include/c++/10.3.1/cmath:1342:3: note: previous declaration ‘constexpr float std::exp2(float)’”
oopsy-verbose: " 1342 | exp2(float __x)"
oopsy-verbose: " | ^~"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:190:33: error: ‘t_sample trunc(t_sample)’ conflicts with a previous declaration”
oopsy-verbose: " 190 | inline t_sample trunc(t_sample v) {"
oopsy-verbose: “In file included from /Library/DaisyToolchain/0.1.2/arm/arm-none-eabi/include/c++/10.3.1/math.h:36,”
oopsy-verbose: " from …/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32h7xx_hal_def.h:33,"
oopsy-verbose: " from …/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32h7xx_hal_rcc.h:29,"
oopsy-verbose: " from …/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32h7xx_hal.h:30,"
oopsy-verbose: " from …/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include/stm32h7xx.h:186,"
oopsy-verbose: “/Library/DaisyToolchain/0.1.2/arm/arm-none-eabi/include/c++/10.3.1/cmath:1828:3: note: previous declaration ‘constexpr float std::trunc(float)’”
oopsy-verbose: " 1828 | trunc(float __x)"
oopsy-verbose: " | ^
"
oopsy-verbose: “In file included from …/genlib_daisy.h:15,”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In static member function ‘static uint64_t Noise::uniqueTickCount()’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib.h:228:22: error: ‘systime_ticks’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 228 | #define genlib_ticks systime_ticks"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:851:19: note: in expansion of macro ‘genlib_ticks’”
oopsy-verbose: " 851 | uint64_t time = genlib_ticks();"
~"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In member function ‘void Delay::reset(const char*, long int)’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1098:5: error: ‘genlib_report_error’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1098 | genlib_report_error(“failed to acquire data”);"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1118:6: error: ‘genlib_report_error’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1118 | genlib_report_error(“delay memory size error”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1125:5: error: ‘genlib_report_error’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1125 | genlib_report_error(“failed to acquire data info”);"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1130:4: error: ‘set_zero64’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1130 | set_zero64(memory, size);"
~"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In member function ‘void Data::reset(const char*, long int, long int)’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1443:5: error: ‘genlib_report_error’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1443 | genlib_report_error(“failed to acquire data”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In member function ‘void Data::getinfo()’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1468:4: error: ‘genlib_report_error’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1468 | genlib_report_error(“failed to acquire data info”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In destructor ‘DataLocal::~DataLocal()’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1477:14: error: ‘sysmem_freeptr’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘genlib_sysmem_freeptr’?”
oopsy-verbose: " 1477 | if (mData) sysmem_freeptr(mData);"
~"
oopsy-verbose: " | genlib_sysmem_freeptr"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In member function ‘void DataLocal::resize(long int, long int)’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1489:4: error: ‘genlib_report_message’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1489 | genlib_report_message(“warning: resizing data to < 256MB”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1492:24: error: ‘sysmem_resizeptr’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘genlib_sysmem_resizeptr’?”
oopsy-verbose: " 1492 | mData = (t_sample *)sysmem_resizeptr(mData, sizeof(t_sample) * s * c);"
~"
oopsy-verbose: " | genlib_sysmem_resizeptr"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1494:24: error: ‘sysmem_newptr’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1494 | mData = (t_sample *)sysmem_newptr(sizeof(t_sample) * s * c);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1497:4: error: ‘genlib_report_error’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1497 | genlib_report_error(“out of memory”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1504:3: error: ‘set_zero64’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1504 | set_zero64(mData, dim * channels);"
~"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In member function ‘bool DataLocal::setbuffer(void*)’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1539:7: error: ‘genlib_report_message’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1539 | genlib_report_message(“couldn’t get info for buffer\n”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1543:6: error: ‘genlib_report_message’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1543 | genlib_report_message(“buffer locked\n”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1547:4: error: ‘genlib_report_message’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1547 | genlib_report_message(“buffer reference not valid”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In destructor ‘SineData::~SineData()’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1626:14: error: ‘sysmem_freeptr’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘genlib_sysmem_freeptr’?”
oopsy-verbose: " 1626 | if (mData) sysmem_freeptr(mData);"
~"
oopsy-verbose: “make: *** [build/Untitled1_petal.o] Error 1”
oopsy-verbose:
oopsy-verbose: " at ChildProcess.exithandler (node:child_process:397:12)"
oopsy-verbose: " at ChildProcess.emit (node:events:394:28)"
oopsy-verbose: " at maybeClose (node:internal/child_process:1067:16)"
oopsy-verbose: " at Socket. (node:internal/child_process:453:11)"
oopsy-verbose: " at Socket.emit (node:events:394:28)"
oopsy-verbose: " at Pipe. (node:net:672:12) {"
oopsy-verbose: " killed: false,"
oopsy-verbose: " code: 2,"
oopsy-verbose: " signal: null,"
oopsy-verbose: " cmd: ‘export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin && make clean && make’"
oopsy-verbose: }
oopsy-verbose: “/Library/DaisyToolchain/0.1.2/arm/arm-none-eabi/include/c++/10.3.1/cmath:1342:3: note: previous declaration ‘constexpr float std::exp2(float)’”
~"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:190:33: error: ‘t_sample trunc(t_sample)’ conflicts with a previous declaration”
oopsy-verbose: " 190 | inline t_sample trunc(t_sample v) {"
oopsy-verbose: “/Library/DaisyToolchain/0.1.2/arm/arm-none-eabi/include/c++/10.3.1/cmath:1828:3: note: previous declaration ‘constexpr float std::trunc(float)’”
oopsy-verbose: " 1828 | trunc(float __x)"
"
oopsy-verbose: “In file included from …/genlib_daisy.h:15,”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In static member function ‘static uint64_t Noise::uniqueTickCount()’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib.h:228:22: error: ‘systime_ticks’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 228 | #define genlib_ticks systime_ticks"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:851:19: note: in expansion of macro ‘genlib_ticks’”
oopsy-verbose: " 851 | uint64_t time = genlib_ticks();"
~"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In member function ‘void Delay::reset(const char*, long int)’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1098:5: error: ‘genlib_report_error’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1098 | genlib_report_error(“failed to acquire data”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1118:6: error: ‘genlib_report_error’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1118 | genlib_report_error(“delay memory size error”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1125:5: error: ‘genlib_report_error’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1125 | genlib_report_error(“failed to acquire data info”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1130:4: error: ‘set_zero64’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1130 | set_zero64(memory, size);"
~"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In member function ‘void Data::reset(const char*, long int, long int)’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1443:5: error: ‘genlib_report_error’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1443 | genlib_report_error(“failed to acquire data”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In member function ‘void Data::getinfo()’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1468:4: error: ‘genlib_report_error’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1468 | genlib_report_error(“failed to acquire data info”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In destructor ‘DataLocal::~DataLocal()’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1477:14: error: ‘sysmem_freeptr’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘genlib_sysmem_freeptr’?”
oopsy-verbose: " 1477 | if (mData) sysmem_freeptr(mData);"
~"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In member function ‘void DataLocal::resize(long int, long int)’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1489:4: error: ‘genlib_report_message’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1489 | genlib_report_message(“warning: resizing data to < 256MB”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1492:24: error: ‘sysmem_resizeptr’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘genlib_sysmem_resizeptr’?”
oopsy-verbose: " 1492 | mData = (t_sample *)sysmem_resizeptr(mData, sizeof(t_sample) * s * c);"
~"
oopsy-verbose: " | genlib_sysmem_resizeptr"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1494:24: error: ‘sysmem_newptr’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1494 | mData = (t_sample *)sysmem_newptr(sizeof(t_sample) * s * c);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1497:4: error: ‘genlib_report_error’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1497 | genlib_report_error(“out of memory”);"
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1504:3: error: ‘set_zero64’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1504 | set_zero64(mData, dim * channels);"
~"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In member function ‘bool DataLocal::setbuffer(void*)’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1539:7: error: ‘genlib_report_message’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1539 | genlib_report_message(“couldn’t get info for buffer\n”);"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1543:6: error: ‘genlib_report_message’ was not declared in this scope”
"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1547:4: error: ‘genlib_report_message’ was not declared in this scope”
oopsy-verbose: " 1547 | genlib_report_message(“buffer reference not valid”);"
oopsy-verbose: " | ^~~~~~~~~"
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h: In destructor ‘SineData::~SineData()’:”
oopsy-verbose: “…/gen_dsp/genlib_ops.h:1626:14: error: ‘sysmem_freeptr’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘genlib_sysmem_freeptr’?”
oopsy-verbose: " 1626 | if (mData) sysmem_freeptr(mData);"
~"
oopsy-verbose: “make: *** [build/Untitled1_petal.o] Error 1”
oopsy-verbose:
oopsy-verbose: “compiler error”

So i started reinstalling the thing i mentioned, on top of max and OSX reboots…
Something is stuck somewhere it seems

So it sounds like you’re having an issue with the daisy bootloader? There was no mention of that in the original post, so I thought that your trying to normally flash a program in DFU in FS mode wasn’t working anymore suddenly.

Ok, let’s address this. :slight_smile:
Can you confirm to me that you can put the Daisy (which Daisy are you using?) into bootloader mode (DFU in FS Mode) as usual by press and hold boot, press and hold reset, let go of reset, and let go of boot and then flash any of the example patch that we provided like the modfm? You can arbitrary choose the JSON file for Pod.

Let me know if that works.

Yeah, all that works.
Max and oopsy is the problem , not the seed or the web loader
I can flash both the bootloader or any standard app to the seed.

But while we are here, can i flash any of the standard apps into the bootloader ?
Or do the apps need to be compiled in a special way for the external memory to work ?

My previous message was about Oopsy. I would like you to reread it with that in mind and confirm with me what’s not working. Thanks :slight_smile:

Nope…nothing works from Max directly anymore…
Every template, or the oopsy object alone and an empty generic gen~ produce the error i posted

Thanks for the confirmation.
Unless I missed somewhere, is this an issue when you use the main branch also?

Yes , I even re-cloned it and tried the zipped version

I see. And this all started happening ever since you tried to use the Daisy Bootloader using the Oopsy in the bootloader-additions branch, correct?

Ok, could you, while still using Oopsy in the main branch, flash an example patch like modfm with a Pod JSON file and show me what it says in the Max console? And please delete anything that has line going through it so it’s easier us for to scroll around, thanks.

Yeah, but it did not start after a change…
I flashed one of my Seeds with my test code and suddenly…CCCRRRKKK

gen~: exported: Monterey:/Users/saschaawhaber/Downloads/oopsy/examples/modfm.json
gen~: exported: Monterey:/Users/saschaawhaber/Downloads/oopsy/examples/modfm.cpp
oopsy-verbose: script start pod 48kHz block48 /Users/saschaawhaber/Downloads/oopsy/examples/modfm.cpp boost
oopsy-verbose: start success dictionary u950001037
oopsy-verbose: “using build tools found in /usr/local/bin”
oopsy-verbose: “Target pod configured in path /Users/saschaawhaber/Documents/Max 8/Packages/oopsy/source/daisy.pod.json”
oopsy-verbose: “Building to /Users/saschaawhaber/Documents/Max 8/Packages/oopsy/source/build_modfm_pod”
oopsy-verbose: “Will upload from /Users/saschaawhaber/Downloads/oopsy/examples/modfm.cpp by writing to:”
oopsy-verbose: " /Users/saschaawhaber/Documents/Max 8/Packages/oopsy/source/build_modfm_pod/modfm_pod.cpp"
oopsy-verbose: " /Users/saschaawhaber/Documents/Max 8/Packages/oopsy/source/build_modfm_pod/Makefile"
oopsy-verbose: " /Users/saschaawhaber/Documents/Max 8/Packages/oopsy/source/build_modfm_pod/build/modfm.bin"
oopsy-verbose: “oopsy generated code”
oopsy-verbose: “oopsy compiling…”
gen~: exported: Monterey:/Users/saschaawhaber/Downloads/oopsy/examples/modfm.cpp
oopsy-verbose: compiling…
oopsy-verbose: “generated code”
oopsy-verbose: " from modfm_pod.cpp:30:"
oopsy-verbose: " | ^~~~"
oopsy-verbose: “make: *** [build/modfm_pod.o] Error 1”
oopsy-verbose:

I can’t really figure out what you did exactly that led to this issue.

What I would recommend is completely delete anything Oopsy related on your computer (back up your patches), reinstall Oopsy (make sure it’s from the main branch) as well as Toolchain, and try to flash that modfm example again. Start from scratch like it’s your first time using Oopsy ever :wink:

By the way, when you cloned it, did you make sure to do the ./install.sh step after cd oopsy?

:man_facepalming:

you nailed it…that’s what i forgot…every time…
that little ./install.sh step seems to be important :slight_smile:
Thank you for getting me back on track…
It’s compiling fine again…
First thing, TIme Machine backup

There it is :slight_smile:

I’m glad to hear that it works now!!