Speaker/amp recommendations

I’m nearing completion on my synth/sequencer project, beginning to think about improving the audio quality, and would like to get some recommendations.

Currently, I have a pair of 3 inch (78mm), 8 ohm, 1W speakers ( Speaker - 3 Diameter - 8 Ohm 1 Watt : ID 1313 : $1.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits ) driven by a PAM8403 3W dual channel amp running off 5V
( https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LODGV64/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) I’ve been pondering the possibility of bass/treble speakers, but both would need to be small - I might manage to squeeze in slightly larger speakers, particularly on one side, but not much! And the sound hole is fairly small - 1 1/8" diameter (28mm).

I’m willing to upgrade to more expensive gear, but know very little about the available options. Does anyone have any input for me? Thanks!

They have a wide choice of other speakers, but I thought this one was particularly suited to what you want to do, and at $2.48 quantity 1-9 a good buy. I’ve seen them at other places too, Sony must have gotten rid of a really large batch.

These look like a great bargain! I don’t think they’ll work for my current application, because they look too tall, but I’m going to order 10 of them for future use, anyway! And this looks like a good place to browse for options. Thanks!