I’m about to merge a fairly large PR that reworks a lot of the internal guts of the Audio in libDaisy.
The PR covers the following:
- SAI and Audio are now written in C++
- Easier configuration of SAI with
- The ability to run the SAI without the Audio engine (if you want direct to hardware support with non-floating point values).
- Ability to run Audio at various common samplerates (8kHz, 16kHz, 32kHz, 48kHz, and 96kHz)
- A common API for audio across all breakout boards including the Daisy Seed.
If you’ve been using the
DaisySeed, or other Daisy”Board” classes then very little, if anything, will have changed for you (The
DaisyField had different names for some functions, like
However, if you were using the hid/audio.h functions directly, they have all been changed, and the
DSY_AUDIO_SAMPLE_RATE macro has been removed. This will potentially break some earlier projects.
DaisySeed, and other board classes will now have the following functions:
Since this is a pretty substantial update, I wanted to give everyone a heads up, and let them know. If anyone has any questions feel free to let me know!