Recording audio into a looper

i was wondering if someone could help me out on why this looper will not work when flashed on my Patch_sm?

i made the patch on Plug Data and it tested it out on the program and it works as it should . But when i compile it and flash it onto the Patch_sm i hear no sound.

I know the inputs and outputs of the module work as i was able to just make a simple patch of [adc~] - [*~ 1] - [dac~]

any help would be great.

There are two ways to use the gate input, either as continuous 0 or 1 numbers, or as a boolean/bang output.

In the configuration that you are using it Gate1 it will continuously output 0 or 1 values.
If you want to have individual bang messages you will need to use the name Gate1_trig, which should flip the toggle in your patch any time you send a new gate signal into it.

I changed the Gate input to Gate1_trig but
im still not getting audio to even be read into the daisy.

The patch works in plug data when i click on the toggle and talk into the computer mic.

But when i flash the patch into Daisy . No audio is being detected.

I understand, but this is never a guarantee that it works with the compiled version. We are not running Pd on the Daisy!

Also you will need to flash with bootloader and use a custom linker as your desired size is very big. Are you doing this?

We’ve also seen some issues with using the [table] object, maybe try using the graphical array instead:

EbvOlBe

1 Like

Thanks for all the help Dreamer.

When flashing on Plug Data i was selecting “Huge” for the Patch size.

I did not use a custom linker as i did not create one. I will have to look into making them.

I will give the Array a try in the patch.

You don’t have to create the linker, this is very non-trivial!

I think the main issue this is that your table is dynamically allocated and it won’t fit in the regular program memory. Therefore your Daisy will start and then likely immediately crash.

You can use the .lds files in the pd2dsy repository: https://github.com/electro-smith/pd2dsy/tree/master/util
The sdram versions are required for large dynamic tables. You will also need to select the SRAM or QSPI type.

(we will look at re-adding them, as using such dynamic tables for delays and such are very common)

[edit: hmm, I’m actually now thinking that this table is not dynamic at all and it will simply not fit the program … what is the size of the program in the table as it shows up in the plugdata compile window after building?]

1 Like

Ok so i had some good results . i was able to get audio running in and out the Patch_sm.

I flashed it using the Huge size.

I used the Array object and lowered the size down to 48000.

I will need to look into a way i can get more sample time in.

But in the meantime im happy i got this patch making some sound

1 Like

I just tested this using your patch and the graphical array, and using the Huge/QSPI flash I was able to put at least your 144000 size on there.

And if you use a custom linker that uses SDRAM you can go much further beyond this.

So what I said earlier about dynamic allocation is actually correct (should’ve double/triple checked before answering, but I didn’t have a Daisy on hand at the time)

I will investigate the issue with [table] object soon though (already have a ticket for it, just not had the chance to investigate).

[edit: oops, I mistyped. I was using 114000 as the size /o]

1 Like