After a few missteps I finally have my Daisy Seed running a test Pd patch with a knob input control (yay!).
I’m now planning on moving on to porting some of my Pd patches onto the Seed. I had a few questions.
- how does pd2dsy work with regards to patches that contain sub patches? does everything need to be contained within a single patch?
- does the [clone] object work? I seem to remember that the Heavy compiler predates the introduction of [clone], but I’m not sure.
- is there a list somewhere of supported (or unsupported) objects? or is the latest “vanilla” Pd fully supported?
- On a Daisy is it possible to use patches that load sound files using [soundfiler]?
Any help would be great! I’ll start experimenting anyway, but I’ve just looking to save myself future headaches
pd2dsy installs hvcc (pd2dsy/requirements.txt at master · electro-smith/pd2dsy · GitHub)
to learn more about this:
“Homepage” takes you to GitHub - CorvusPrudens/hvcc: The heavy hvcc compiler for Pure Data patches. Updated to python3 and additional generators
it has these pages:
Is that what you’re looking for ?
thanks! that documentation is great, yes it answers most of my questions. namely:
- I’m pretty certain that I can use patches that reference sub patches
- no [clone] object
- the list of supported and unsupported objects is very helpful
- The [soundfiler] is not supported, so I guess I’ll have to figure out another way to play with sound files…
Regarding the last point: I suppose I can have sounds loaded into tables and saved in the patch? I’ll give that a try.
Bit more updated docs can be found here: hvcc | The heavy hvcc compiler for Pure Data patches. Updated to python3 and additional generators
We’re slowly adding some more objects and compatibility. Have some experimental work going on to get midi input and output functional as well.