PureData and Arduino integration

Hi!

I have built a quite advanced instrument that combines a sampler, looper, equalizer, etc. All controls like knobs, sliders, buttons, as well as two touch screens and addressable LEDs, are operated by the Arduino code (Teensy board). Teensy communicates via serial with Raspberry Pi, on which the PureData patch is running…

Recently I learned about Daisy boards and the ability to run PureData patches directly on them. This would significantly speed up my device startup and reduce latency!
Is it possible to combine the functionality of DaisyDuino and pd2dsy?
That is, using pd2dsy will not allow me to write my own code to handle all the peripherals, while DaisyDuino will not allow me to use already made PureDate patches. Is there any solution for this?

Thank you in advance.

Heavy (used in pd2dsy) does not use any Pure Data code. The patches do not run “directly” on the Daisy board, but are instead converted into C/C++ code which is then compiled and flashed to your Daisy.

If you take just the C/C++ code you might be able to combine it with DaisyDuino code, but this would be a fully manual hack and not directly supported by the current toolchains.

Good luck and let us know if you figure out how to do this :slight_smile:

1 Like