Plugdata - new PD environment that can flash straight to Daisy

I’ve got plugdata running on two Macs, an old Intel MacBook Pro, and a recent MacBook Air M1.

When ever i click on this download toolchain. this shit crashes

I just updated my Intel Mac to latest Plugdata 0.8.2, downloaded the toolchain.
Now it crashes just like yours.
They broke something.

@tele_player - What version of Plugdata were you running before updating to Plugdata 0.8.2 and recreating @tenshun 's ‘toolchain crash’?

Can’t say for sure what was the last version that worked, it’s been a while. Before today’s update,it was 0.7.0 I think, but it prompted me to install toolchain, so that might have been an incomplete install that I never tested.

I haven’t been paying much attention to plugdata, I use C++, and find Pd rather cryptic.

1 Like

Well it’s certainly not intended to do this. So best to report this to the plugdata team, either on Github or on Discord.

1 Like

So i downloaded v.0.8.0 and it works on my mac using Ventura 13.6.1.

1 Like

There is now a temporary fix for this issue (not a proper long-term solution yet).

v0.8.2 contains a lot of bugfixes compared to v0.8.0 , so it’s recommended to use it.

@dreamer - verified here, new toolchain works - so I’m back to avoiding learning Pd…

2 Likes

i will give that version a try & see how it goes.
thanks for the help

Hi,

I am new with a Daisy Seed here. I tried stable and latest.

The toolchain download did not work on stable and now with latest 9.0.0 it crashes…

Can the toolchain be installed by hand?

Cheers,
Carsten

9.0.0 is not a valid version number, do you mean 0.9.0? this would be a nightly build (at the time of writing) which is experimental and could have bugs (of course appreciated if you report those to the project).

The toolchain should work for all latest releases and the nightly.

Which OS are you on and which part “did not work”? (if you don’t mention this info we can’t say anything tangible)

Manual installation is not really recommended, but you can download it here: Release v0.4.2 · plugdata-team/plugdata-heavy-toolchain · GitHub
It has to go into your plugdata directory in the user documents under the Toolchain folder name.
Something like Documents/plugdata/Toolchain/.

I tried 0.8.3 (latest stable), then 0.9.0 (mixed the numbers) and then an older 0.8.1? because I read somewhere that its a new error.

Windows 10pro. I fear it is the infamous bug with spaces in my home directory (Username)… That also appeared for pd2dsy

All show a similar behavior. A Window opens with the download of the toolchain. I click that option and
then… 0.8.3 just hangs some time. 0.9.0 crashes I think.

I try manually. EDIT: Did not work. :frowning:

Carsten

Ah, could very well be that spaces in the directory name cause issues yes.
It’s super weird that Windows allows spaces in a Username …

Please report on plugdata github. Would it be possible to try this on a different user-account without a space to confirm?

It is actually not the username which is the problem. It is the space in the home folder name which is generated from the Username… I changed my username for pd2dsy but that dont change the home dir name…

However, Linux has also no problems with spaces in Folders. It is maybe a wrong quotation in some variable not using “” or ’ ’ or similar.

I can try later. I am in a german train, wacky internet…

Carsten

1 Like