OscPocketD/Base - new module: Slicer

The Slicer is a new module (effect) for the OPD. The effect cuts up the sound, either at (controlled) random or by using modulators (even CV).

The Slicer is contained in its own source file (slicer.h) and is modelled on the DaisySP paradigm so it can be used in other projects.

Song used in the demo: [Dreams of Seagulls - Call Me - YouTube](Dreams of Seagulls - Call Me) (from my band Dreams of Seagulls).

OPD - the Daisy Pocket Platform - combines the Electosmith Daisy Seed with a 16x2 LCD Keypad to make a simple, inexpensive and portable audio tool running open source software.

Currently the OPD has several different applications (firmwares):
OscPocketD/Base - A multi-fx tool with a two voice synth, CV/GATE in and out
OscPocketD/Drums - An 8 track drum machine with sequencer, sync and several tweakable sounds
OscPocketD/Synth - A portable beat/song-making tool (no CV/GATE support yet)
OscPocketD/Sampler- A sampler and sampleplayer, CV/GATE in and out
OscPocketD/VASynth - A MIDI virtual analog polyphonic synthesizer

The OPD family is free software/open source!
Download, build, learn, modify, improve and share!
https://oscillator.se/opensource

1 Like

Hi
I’m a big fan of this project but am more of a PCB based hardware builder.
Are there any plans to design a PCB that the daisy, keypad and components can sit on?

1 Like

Thanks! That would be very cool and useful, but my electronics skills are too shallow for this. If I showed you what is in the box you would see what I mean! :slight_smile:

But if you or anyone else would like to take a stab at this, I would be happy to support it knowledge-wise! :slight_smile:

I don’t have the skills to design the PCB either!
I’m hoping to find the time to research PCB design soon.
Do you have a schematic for the oscpocketd?

Unfortunately not. There are build instructions in the manual, but it is kind of separated into little parts. But if you ever plan to design a PCB (or anyone else) I would be happy to provide something more complete/comprehensive.