OscPocketD/Base 1+2/MIDI - fx unit, synth, sampler, modulator

See the last pages of the manual for how to adjust the reading of the buttons. Note that this only works if the buttons really give different values (ie the values are not “cut” at 99).

My LCD contrast is not that bad, I just the adjusting (the small screw on the blue “box” on the LCD unit).

It could be that when powering the LCD with > 3.3V the output of the buttons is too much (voltage > 3.3v) for the Daisy – if you have a multimeter you can measure the max output of that pin when pressing different buttons. In that case you should be able to fix it with a voltage divider (a resistor).

Yeah, that doesn’t work anymore. The “select” button quits out with 99. :-(.
When using 3.3v the contrast is barely visible with the trimport dialed to the max. Would love to have a crisp sharp image.
Will try to get the voltage down to 4V, maybe that’s enough to get the buttons working again and at the same time let the display shine :smiley:

Sadly I inserted my daisy into the wrong socket row and killed it for good. As the daisy doesn’t seem to be in stock anywhere in europe, the synth will have to wait a bit longer. :frowning:

1 Like

I get good contrast with 3.3V, only problem is it is a bit slow, but that is the problem with old LCD stuff.

I’m sorry to hear you killed your Seed, I did that too, once.

I know there is a new batch of Seeds in the works (with a new CODEC) but don’t know when it will be available.

Feel free to PM me if I can help you in the future.

And thank you for the support!

Will do.
Looking forward to get it all running and making some music with you synth :slight_smile:

1 Like