Oopsy Update Prerelease! Want to Try the New Features Early?

Thank you for the detailed report, Sascha. I don’t have Petal nor Versio to recreate this error, I’m sorry. But hopefully someone who has them can confirm your error or troubleshoot with you.

And the team is keeping an eye out on this thread too, so we greatly appreciate your bringing this up.

Hi Takumi,

you do not need the hardware…just set the programer to either “Petal” or “Versio” and press Compile.
Then the compiler error happens…it’s not even reaching flashing stage
At least it does not work here.

Oh yeah, that’s true :man_bowing:

I set it to “Petal” and tried to flash using my Daisy Pod, and I got a compiler error with pretty much the same exact verbose error message as the one you posted. So it’s not just you!

Thanks again for bringing this up. We’ll have a closer look to it.

1 Like

I’m trying this prerelease because I want bipolar cv input support for my patch.Init(). It looks like that is working as expected, which is great!

It took me a little while to update my patches due to some breaking changes with the input and output alias names. I had to rename:

Inputs (Params):

• sw → toggle

Outputs:

• cv → cvout
  • gate1 → gateout1
  • gate2 → gateout2

Comparing the old and new json mapping files, this mostly makes sense.

I got really confused though, because I think of the patch.init() as having a switch and a button. I realize they are both a switch from the hardware’s perspective and one is a toggle switch and one is a momentary switch. But from a human UX perspective, maybe most people would think of them as a switch and button? Anyway,I tried renaming my “sw” param to “switch” and it took me a while to realize this is actually the button on the hardware and I need to use the alias “toggle” instead. The “switch” alias seems backwards to me. I would alias “switch” to sw2, or … actually, comparing the main branch with the bootloader-additions branch, it looks like you swapped sw1 and sw2? That might be part of the confusion:

See the main branch:

vs the bootloader-additions branch:

Is there a reason for swapping sw1 and sw2 like that?

In any case, I suggest you make a short upgrade guide that tells people how to rename their params and outputs. That will save existing users a lot of hassle when you release this update.

PS - I am glad you renamed the mapping “patch_sm” to “patch_init”. As a newbie to all this a few months ago, I was really confused when I first tried to get a patch.Init() working with Oopsy, until I eventually figured out “sm” is referring to the Daisy submodule that patch.Init() is built on. That was not obvious. BTW this rename is another breaking change you should give people a heads up about.

1 Like

Hello Adam!

First of all, thank you for trying out the prerelease! I’m glad to hear that it resolved the issue!

There should be a more detailed documentation when the new oopsy release is launched so your feedback will be super helpful when we’re putting it together. Thanks so much!!

I’ll add this to the thread.
It’s about the audio output being inverted from the value that’s in the patch, similar to the PWM output case earlier in this thread. The main concern is if it’ll be changed in a future release which will alter the behavior of the current patch.

Hi guys,

is there a new version with a fix for the Petal preset in range ?
I really would like to try out the bootloader options…
There is probably just a typo in a json file, but that is beyond my scope of understanding how they work.

Hey Sascha!

Could you tell me more about the “fix for the Petal preset in range”? I could ask if that’s going to be included in the new release.

As for the Daisy bootloader, it’s actually just adding one line to your JSON file.
I made a step-by-step guide here. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Hi Takumi,
Possibly reporting a small bug. I have my JSON file saved within the “/include” folder as Im using it with C++ inserts. When Flashing from MAX in Bootloader mode the flash fails and shows your second version of the bpatcher windows which reads:
generated code
dfu Error
flashing…
created binary 102kb

The LED does not continue to flash/pulse and stays in “ready” mode.

You mentioned the JSON file (with “app_type”: “BOOT_SRAM”,) had to live in the root of the oopsy package but ive been asked to place it in the /include folder so the C++ inserts work.

Please advise.
Thanks
AD

Also, How does one exit “Bootloader Image” mode?
Thanks,
AD

Hey AD!

Thank you for trying out the new prerelease :slight_smile:

I’ll answer the latter question first. After you flash the Bootloader Image, you can keep using the Daisy bootloader without needing to flash Bootloader Image every time. UNLESS, you go into DFU in FS Mode (by doing the usual button presses on Daisy) and, let’s say, flash a blink example into the internal flash. That’ll be the “exit”. If you want to use the Daisy Bootloader again, you have to flash the Bootloader Image.

As for the first question, I just want to double check if you were able to get those two features (Daisy bootloader and C++ inserts) working individually/separately? And it sounds like it becomes an issue to you when you try to do it simultaneously.
Could you share that JSON file? As well as the error messages. Thanks!

Thank you Takumi,
That reset to normal operation worked, thank you. I was able to get the C++ inserts working correctly when not in Bootloader Image mode. I’ll do some more tests and get back to you with error messages.

Hi again,

is there a new version in sight with a fix for the Petal template not compiling ?

Hi Sascha!

I’m sorry for the delay in updating you about it.
It was added to GitHub issue recently. Thank you for bringing it up!

hmmm…are you sure ?
I just cloned that and i still get the same compiler error as before.
No need for access to the hardware to test…just make a new file from Template , choose Petal, uncheck Quiet and press Compile.
Versio also is broken still…

I think when @Takumi_Ogata said:

It was added to GitHub issue recently.

He meant that the ‘issue’ was added to the list on github, not that it was fixed in the github source.

I should have used the correct terminology of “open” there. I’m sorry about that. The issue was opened on GitHub but you will have to wait until it is fixed. Thank you for the wait!

Ah, ok :slight_smile:
I misunderstood…my bad…
Is there an easy way for me to track the update status automatically ?

I haven’t used it before but clicking the subscribe button on the issue page might send you an email when there’s an update.

Hi,

Glad there’s a new Oopsy update.
I’m particularly interested by " C++ Inserts" to display custom output param.

I looked at GitHub code to understand how it works but with no success.
Is there any sample code to understand how it works?

Thanks.