OLED Pin Connections

@shensley Sorry for the delayed reply, been on holiday :slightly_smiling_face:

The program is literally the OLED example from the examples folder - nothing else going on in there. I’m not completely on top of SPI clock configs, so I’d assumed that what I’d done by moving from PS_8 to PS_2 was to slow down the SPI connection. My theory was that my Arduino worked flawlessly with a clock speed 1/20 of that of the daisy, so if daisy SPI was getting garbled it was (in my mind) more likely to be because it was too fast than too slow. I just played with the PS_x settings in the SPI library and found PS_4 and then PS_2 to be more reliable than, say, PS_16 or PS_32, which just didn’t work at all (just like PS_8, the default).

@opb2k Glad to hear you found a solution. I agree the SPI stuff should be configurable from the outside.
With regards to the Prescaling, it’s basically a clock division. So PS_8 will mean a tick will come out of every 8 ticks of the underlying clock. That is to say that bigger numbers are in fact slower.

The oled should work at the slower speeds however so we’ll need to look into this some more.

1 Like

Details on another thread but just to let folks know, SPI oleds don’t seem to currently work on the patchSM, it seems because the SPI oled library uses SPI1 pins, and the patchSM only exposes SPI2 pins.

I submitted a PR to fix this issue. After this gets merged, the SPI peripheral configuration will be exposed when setting up the OLED transport.

Just responding here as well, in case people end up here instead of the thread @NonVerbalPoetry posted above.

This PR is merged, and ready to go!

1 Like