Nimbus and Torus

Hi daisy lovers!

did you someone have tried the nimbus script or the torus? I’ve tried for many days Nimbus and even if I had Clouds for several months I notice some differences that make me thinking that something works better for me than on the the original one… dunno if its something in the approach or in the sound itself…

did someone have some other considerations? Im gonna tried Torus in the next couple hours…

No one here? C’mon peoples lets make this forum really active!

I haven’t tried Nimbus yet - you could side by side the two project codes and see what the difference is. The hardware is also different of course, the AKM codecs on Daisy have a great signal to noise ratio.

@ben_serge made the Nimbus port (correct?), maybe he has some insights about whether he made changes to the DSP.

The top of this forum has alink to a slack, which is a bit more active on a day-to-day basis, but also harder to search for specific topics.

thanks for the. reply, i will totally. I’m glad to hear what @ben_serge did with. the code

Original mutable clouds module is 32khz. Could just be that being at 44khz or higher sounds better.

Anyone here have information on how they ported over the MI code to Daisy? Also is it utilizing the full resolution of the daisy? (24bit 92kHz)

I tried Nimbus but had to reduce some of the code because it says it overflowed the FLASH by a bit.
FLASH: 131720 B 128 KB 100.49%
DTCMRAM: 0 GB 128 KB 0.00%
SRAM: 289272 B 512 KB 55.17%
RAM_D2: 16968 B 288 KB 5.75%
RAM_D3: 0 GB 64 KB 0.00%
ITCMRAM: 0 GB 64 KB 0.00%
SDRAM: 0 GB 64 MB 0.00%
QSPIFLASH: 0 GB 8 MB 0.00%
/opt/homebrew/Cellar/gcc-arm-none-eabi/20200630/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: build/Nimbus.elf section .data' will not fit in region FLASH’

I reduced some strings and some array sizes and got it to work but it sounds a little off. Is their some build settings to tweak or is it really too big now for the FLASH?

You could try to optimize for size

1 Like

perfect, thanks - did that - works great :slight_smile: <3