Neural Seed: A neural net powered guitar pedal for emulating real amps/effects

Wanted to share my first entry into the Daisy Seed ecosystem, Neural Seed! It is intended for the Terrarium pedal by PedalPCB. Had a blast developing it, and planning on improving it. The easiest way to explain what it does is this demo video:

And here is the open source code and compiled binary:

Happy to answer any questions! If you’re familiar with the trends in guitar modeling and gear capture lately (NeuralDSP, ToneX, Headrush), it’s sort of like that but open source and DIY. Thanks to the folks on the Daisy discord for all your help!

4 Likes

This will definitely be among the first things I’ll try when I (finally) get my Terrarium in a box in a couple of weeks. I’m struggling with choosing a color on Tayda.
I’ve had two Terrarium boards since they first shipped, finally assembled one recently, still haven’t powered it up.

I’m curious about CPU utilization, could some effects fit? Or is it time to do a Double Daisy with SPDIF connection?

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community and making it open source! You’re doing incredible work! The demo sounds so amazing.

I definitely want to try this out. And I’m excited to see the future of this project and what people do with it!

1 Like

Just finished assembling a Terrarium, this was the first code I tried. I’m impressed.

3 Likes

I tried to use the largest neural net I could on the Daisy seed, so probably not a lot of room for other effects, just depends on the effect and how much processing it needs. One solution would be to to train smaller models to run with more effects.

2 Likes