libDaisy path error in task build_all

Hello, I am following the tutorial trying to run Blink on the daisy pod and I am getting the following error when running “task build_all”:

Executing task: make <

The terminal process failed to launch: Starting directory (cwd) “/Users/xxxxxx/Desktop/DaisyExamples/seed/libDaisy” does not exist.

Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

I’m on a mac running from vscode per the tutorial here:
1. Setting Up Your Development Environment · electro-smith/DaisyWiki Wiki · GitHub.

I don’t see the libDaisy directory under the “seed” directory. There also seems to be a discrepancy between naming convention/capitalization. I have DaisyExamples/libdaisy, but no libDaisy in camel case.

Is it possible it’s caused by this commit from a few days ago? It seems to be renaming the path from libdaisy to libDaisy.

I am brand new to daisy and fairly new to embedded programming, so I could be completely off here.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Hi @jfrancomb

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m sorry to hear you’re running into an issue.

This does seem possibly connected to the previous commit. However, the error is also potentially misleading.

There shouldn’t be a seed/libDaisy folder. The libDaisy folder is located in the root level of the DaisyExamples repo.

That said, it could just be an issue with the capitalization. We’ll get a fix pushed ASAP that will properly capitalize the “D” in libDaisy everywhere including the core library folder.

In the meantime, you can certainly rename the folder from libdaisy to libDaisy, and that should potentially resolve the issue.

So I actually just merged an update that fixes the capitalization consistency. So everything should be libDaisy now.

I suspect you should be able to just git pull in your DaisyExamples folder now, and it should sort everything out.

Let me know if you run into any other issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

I had the same problem today, but managed to fix it by fixing a typo in the “task.json” file.

In line 86 “workspace” is written with two "w"s:

“cwd”: “${wworkspaceFolder}/…/…/libDaisy”

Thanks for reporting the find, I have just made a PR on Github that resolves this typo in the template used to create new projects, and in each existing example project.

Once the CI passes it’ll be merged on master and you can git pull to fix this for all local examples.

Hey guys. I’m running in this issue. I followed all the steps, but can’t launch the blink project.
I’m on Big Sur M1

> Executing task: make clean; make; make program-dfu <
> 
> rm -fR build
> mkdir build
> arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard  -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -include stm32h7xx.h -I../../libDaisy -I../../libDaisy/src/ -I../../libDaisy/src/sys -I../../libDaisy/src/usbd -I../../libDaisy/src/usbh -I../../libDaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../../libDaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../../libDaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../../libDaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../../libDaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../../libDaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../../libDaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../../libDaisy/core/ -I../../DaisySP/Source -I../../libDaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/startup_stm32h750xx.d" -std=gnu11 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/startup_stm32h750xx.lst ../../libDaisy/core/startup_stm32h750xx.c -o build/startup_stm32h750xx.o
> /bin/sh: arm-none-eabi-gcc: command not found
> make: *** [build/startup_stm32h750xx.o] Error 127
> dfu-util -a 0 -s 0x08000000:leave -D build/Blink.bin -d ,0483:df11
> make: dfu-util: No such file or directory
> make: *** [program-dfu] Error 1
> The terminal process "/bin/zsh '-c', 'make clean; make; make program-dfu'" failed to launch (exit code: 2).
> 
> Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.
1 Like

getting that same error, did you ever figure it out?

Hey @lazerfox @basswoman,

Did you guys install with the new toolchain process or the old one?
The up to date process is detailed here. There’s an M1 version of the installer as well!

If you’ve already done that, or it doesn’t fix the issue let me know and we can work through some more troubleshooting!

2 Likes

Build_all is fine with the new m1 toolchain. But now, when trying to flash a daisy (build and program DFU), we have this error:

arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O ihex build/Blink.elf build/Blink.hex
arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary -S build/Blink.elf build/Blink.bin
dfu-util -a 0 -s 0x08000000:leave -D build/Blink.bin -d ,0483:df11
dyld[64839]: Library not loaded: /opt/homebrew/opt/libusb/lib/libusb-1.0.0.dylib
  Referenced from: <53A63BB6-A914-3B92-AA7A-FBF6C96E5AA7> /Library/DaisyToolchain/0.1.3-ARM/bin/dfu-util
  Reason: tried: '/opt/homebrew/opt/libusb/lib/libusb-1.0.0.dylib' (no such file), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/opt/homebrew/opt/libusb/lib/libusb-1.0.0.dylib' (no such file), '/opt/homebrew/opt/libusb/lib/libusb-1.0.0.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/libusb-1.0.0.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/libusb-1.0.0.dylib' (no such file, not in dyld cache)
make: *** [program-dfu] Abort trap: 6

*  The terminal process "/bin/zsh '-c', 'make clean; make; make program-dfu'" terminated with exit code: 2. 
 *  Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it. 

the problem is solved. Just need to install the libusb: “brew install libusb”. Please, add it in your PKG.

thanks for the response ben, followed your advice and everything is working now. Appriciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

…was loosing a few of my already grey hair over this…

…thank you for posting the solution!..however, now i am stuck at

dfu-util: Warning: Invalid DFU suffix signature
dfu-util: A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release
dfu-util: No DFU capable USB device available
make: *** [program-dfu] Error 74

…i guess i was not able to get the Seed into flashable-mode - despite trying several times to hold the boot button, press the reset button, let go of the reset then the boot button…during the whole process from pluging the Seed into the USB and during the reset the Seed-User-LED never flashes…

…posted too fast - had not all the facts collected yet:

• using another Seed (the first one is on a Daisy Patch and seems to have some app running) the User-LED was blinking from the moment it was powered via USB
  • the reset-procedure seems to work as the User-LED stops blinking
  • however: checking the USB-connections (via the System Information) i cannot see the Seed at all; it is not visible on any port (tried several)

MacBook Pro M1 Max on macOS Ventura 13.1 - fresh install of all Seed-related software (bridge, Visual Studio code, etc.)

It sounds like you did everything right. I think in the other thread that you posted on, you were advised to triple check the USB cable (making sure it sends data rather than just powering Daisy). That’s the only thing I could think of.

Definitely try out older versions, which I know is not the most ideal.

And I don’t think getting the debug probe will fix this particular issue either (although I do recommend getting it once Daisy itself is working!).

Final thing is, maybe somebody in the Daisy Discord may have a solution!

Good luck! I really hope this gets solved very soon.

…this is somewhat embarrassing, as this is one of the basics that i tell people to do when something like this happens: check the cable

…it was the cable - when i used another one a few minutes ago, everything worked fine…

…i am sorry for the noise i created and grateful for the help i received: thank you…

2 Likes

Not embarrassing at all! It happens to the best of us.

I’m super glad to hear that it’s working now!!

1 Like