libDaisy path error in task build_all

Hello, I am following the tutorial trying to run Blink on the daisy pod and I am getting the following error when running “task build_all”:

Executing task: make <

The terminal process failed to launch: Starting directory (cwd) “/Users/xxxxxx/Desktop/DaisyExamples/seed/libDaisy” does not exist.

Terminal will be reused by tasks, press any key to close it.

I’m on a mac running from vscode per the tutorial here:
1. Setting Up Your Development Environment · electro-smith/DaisyWiki Wiki · GitHub.

I don’t see the libDaisy directory under the “seed” directory. There also seems to be a discrepancy between naming convention/capitalization. I have DaisyExamples/libdaisy, but no libDaisy in camel case.

Is it possible it’s caused by this commit from a few days ago? It seems to be renaming the path from libdaisy to libDaisy.

I am brand new to daisy and fairly new to embedded programming, so I could be completely off here.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Hi @jfrancomb

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m sorry to hear you’re running into an issue.

This does seem possibly connected to the previous commit. However, the error is also potentially misleading.

There shouldn’t be a seed/libDaisy folder. The libDaisy folder is located in the root level of the DaisyExamples repo.

That said, it could just be an issue with the capitalization. We’ll get a fix pushed ASAP that will properly capitalize the “D” in libDaisy everywhere including the core library folder.

In the meantime, you can certainly rename the folder from libdaisy to libDaisy, and that should potentially resolve the issue.

So I actually just merged an update that fixes the capitalization consistency. So everything should be libDaisy now.

I suspect you should be able to just git pull in your DaisyExamples folder now, and it should sort everything out.

Let me know if you run into any other issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi!

I had the same problem today, but managed to fix it by fixing a typo in the “task.json” file.

In line 86 “workspace” is written with two "w"s:

“cwd”: “${wworkspaceFolder}/…/…/libDaisy”

Thanks for reporting the find, I have just made a PR on Github that resolves this typo in the template used to create new projects, and in each existing example project.

Once the CI passes it’ll be merged on master and you can git pull to fix this for all local examples.