Introductions

I just ordered my Daisy Seed. Looks like a very powerfull little board. Can’t wait to test it with my own code. Cheers.

2 Likes

Got some DSP love from California today. Yeah.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Alex.
I’m developing embedded software for licensable DSP processors for a living and software guitar amps for fun.
Some may know me from my free VST plugins.
Daisy was a perfect fit for tying off my plugins from a PC and being able to play guitar in headphones on a battery, which I’m already doing!

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m Mark in Winnipeg
I’m a C/C++ programmer and have been plugging my guitar into computers and electronics projects for years.
Have been working on some guitar patch software (sort of like PureData) and going to try porting it to the Daisy board.

Got my daisy seed the other day, tried a couple of the downloads, and got all the tools set up now and everything is working so far. :slight_smile:
Now it’s time to start coding, Let’s see what this thing can do!

4 Likes

Just saying Hi to the Forum!!

Just bought a few daisy’s - and want to get some of my DSP fun into hardware easily!

Daisy Seed seems like the dream device I’ve been after for years :stuck_out_tongue:

here’s my project porting this to hardware and spending some time tweaking it to high quality

and this is preset I really want in hardware!

also planning the usual 303 clone e.t.d.

Shabby!

3 Likes

Hiya! Would it be possible at all to stick an VST algorithm of choice into the Daisy? The answer is likely no, but how about Ableton Max4Live plugins?

Thanks

That is a lovely ambient effect! Exactly the type of thing I’d get a Daisy for.

Yeah that was a pure accident thing - pitch up and pitch down to smooth it out.

It’s not at all finished, I have to work on the FDN trail - to get it smooth and quality - but I’m sure I’ll get there! I think having the seed will make me stop being so damn lazy hahah :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, everyone, I’m Thierry in Issy (near Paris FR),

A long time ago i used to be a DSP teacher / coder and part time journalist in the audio business.

By the turn of the century i had to focus on much different professional areas.

I went back to audio DSP 8 years ago as a dilletante, first with Reaper (jsfx) and then with the Axoloti board (as SmashedTransistors / tiar).

Here are a few of my past axoloti projects:

A RMI inspired little one

soundcloud

I hope i will be able to implement many of my Axoloti projects on the Daisy Seed at an increased sample rate.

5 Likes

That’s a nice time machine on last photo, Thierry. But looks like it goes only 16 years back in the past, you can do better with Daisy.

1 Like

Wow that’s some great work and super nice looking gear - super inspirational!

I have a few options/optimizations to test and evaluate before porting part of my existing code.

And some options may differ from daisysp (“block processing” VS “per sample processing”, fixed point VS float VS a mixture of both,
interpolated look up tables VS sin() pow() …)

Welcome! That reverb sounds lovely!

2 Likes

Hi Staffan - thanks so much for pointing me towards the dasiy seed - I would never have found it otherwise - I’m so chuffed there finally a device that covers everything for me!

2 Likes