Helper.py create terminal command not working

Whenever I run ./helper.py create seed/MyNewProject --board seed it says ./helper.py: command not found. Not sure why, any help would be great

helper.py is a python program, so you’ll have to run it with python.
python helper.py create seed/MyNewProject --board seed
python install locations vary by os, and helper.py requires python3, so you may have to run
python3 helper.py ...

Wow that was dumb of me, thank you so much!

1 Like

I’m following the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ_pw5RYCm4

In the video he clearly types: ./helper.py create ./MyProjects/ExampleProject --board patch He does not start with python.

This hasn’t worked for me, I get the error: ./helper.py: Permission denied

When I run as: python ./helper.py create ./MyProjects/ExampleProject --board I see: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./helper.py”, line 7, in
import pathlib
ImportError: No module named pathlib
Old-Book:DaisyExamples mitchellhudson$

What is going wrong here?

If you’re using a MacOS, adding python3 in the beginning like the following should help:

python3 ./helper.py create ./MyProjects/ExampleProject --board seed

Thanks, using python3 worked!

1 Like

I think I’m making progress. I’m trying to build the code here: GitHub - GuitarML/DaisyCloudSeed: Ambient Reverb for Terrarium Guitar Pedal. I created a directory copied the .vscode directory I had created with helper.py into this directory and the commands show up.

I’m using the STLINK. When I run build it seemed to work. Then I ran build_and_program and got this error.

The terminal process "/bin/bash '-c', 'make clean; make; make program'" terminated with exit code: 2. 

Not sure what the problem is.

Any other details besides that line?

Thanks for the reply. When I run task build_all everything seems like it worked. I see a lot of output in the terminal but no errors.

When I run task build_and_progam I get similar output followed by:

make: *** No rule to make target `program'.  Stop.

*  The terminal process "/bin/bash '-l', '-c', 'make clean; make; make program'" terminated with exit code: 2. 

I’m guessing “*** No rule to make target `program’” is probably the issue.

I’m trying to build the project here: GitHub - GuitarML/DaisyCloudSeed: Ambient Reverb for Terrarium Guitar Pedal

I’m using the PedalPCB Terrarium and the STLINK. I have the pedal connected to a wall wart and STLINK connected to the board.

I’m guessing when you’re using the STLINK the USB cable is there just to power the board.