Guitar pedal - prototype on Pod, flash to pedal

Have been having lots of fun putting together a pedal based on the Pod. The idea is prototype on the Pod as I learn gen~ and the Pd subset, then flash to a pedal. I sent off gerbers for a PCB too early so it has lots of mistakes but works at least - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DulUpWCZErs
Project at GitHub - motekulo/daisyPodal: Design for a guitar effects pedal using the Daisy and Pd
Huge thanks to Keith Shepherd, the Terrarium project, and of course Graham Wakefield and Gregory Taylor for Generating Sound and Organizing Time.
Next step is version 0.2 and lots of reading and patching.

3 Likes

Great stuff! Excited to see what you come up with

2 Likes

It’s really awesome to hear it working!! Looking forward to seeing what you do next as well!
(also, that book is super helpful :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Nice effort! Do you mind sharing a closer image of the PCB? it is hard to see any details from the video.

1 Like

Sure - here it is warts (jumpers…) and all -

1 Like

Wow! Looks great.
Did you see any problems with encoders? I noticed you did not use a debouncing circuit.
Did you get any noise from the TL072 buffers? I did not see an output LPF or virtual ground decoupling in your output buffer.

Thanks for pointing this out - I haven’t noticed any problems yet, but I still haven’t boxed it up and tested it thoroughly enough. I suspect when I do, these things will become evident… I have lots of changes to make to the next version, so will add these to the list. Thanks again :slight_smile:

Boxed up and on a board for a week or so while working on v2. I can’t hear the need for a LPF on the output buffer, but will see how it goes.

1 Like

Looks nice! I’d suggest naming it “Daisy Cries” :slight_smile:

1 Like