Grnltr - A Granulator on the Daisy Pod

Ooops :sweat_smile:

Looks like I dropped the comment when I was adding MIDI support and never revisited it. I’ll move them, test it and upload when I get the chance.

Let me look into this. I haven’t actually tried a clean build from a fresh clone. I’m still not sure what the best way to set this up is - I have been building my versions inside DaisyExamples, and I didn’t recursively init kxmx_bluemchen because it also pulls in libDaisy etc and I didn’t want them twice.

Thanks for the feedback!

Generally, I try to keep the DaisyExamples directory unchanged, and use symbolic links to it from project directories.

Ok - here’s v0.98 with the parameter setting moved out of the audio callback and into the main loop.

I also cloned a fresh repo and added instructions on how to init the submodule so that it builds without errors - at least on my side where I clone it into the DaisyExamples/pod/ dir of my current daisy install. I also checked that it builds out of tree, which it seems to do as long as you update the LIBDAISY_DIR and DAISYSP_DIR in the Makefile.

Cheers

1 Like

That’s EXACTLY what I did, except I named the function set_params()!

Thanks, following your instructions got the new cloned repo building correctly.

1 Like

Thank you very very much for sharing!!!. I love this synth. with the last version it finally works for me.

Thanks

1 Like

Here’s version v0.99b - getting pretty much near the final form, as I’m running out of flash space.

There’s now a delay crammed in there, as well as support for a text based config file - mostly for setting the BPM of samples so they can be somewhat tempo synced.
Creating the config file by hand is fairly straightforward, or you can try out the new grnltr_gui to help you do that, as well as set start/stop points visually, preview loops, do sample conversion and a few other bits an bobs.

A few caveats - this is the first python gui I’ve ever written, so it’s probably pretty braindead. I’ve also only run this on my Linux machine, and have no idea if it works on Windows or Mac.

Cheers

2 Likes

This looks really cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve hardly scratched the surface of this thing, playing a single audio file and playing with the knobs on a Bluemchen.

It’s VERY cool.

2 Likes