Full featured 8 voice 2 oscillator synth for your daisy pod

I can’t speak specifically to that question, never having seen the source code.

BUT, to generalize, a polyphonic synth needs to internally keep levels low enough that playing all voices at once doesn’t clip.

Hello hello, as great as this is…
Any plans to make the source publicly available?
OR, make this a step sequencer for the Field?
Daisy Patch = obvious, hello

1 Like

Does this firmware respond to CC messages via midi? If so, has anyone mapped them yet?

1 Like

I’ve got the Daisy Pod up and running with the Electro-smith native examples running. I’m also able to load the Pollen8 code but the uSD card is not working (web load completes fine but then two red flashes after reboot). The uSD card is 64G formatted to exFAT. Has anyone been able to load/save patches to the uSD card? Anything special you had to do? TIA.

You need a card formatted as FAT32, not exFAT

1 Like

Thanks - change made and it works fine now.

1 Like

@chrisdswift
No CC YET but there have been hints many additional features will appear… soon… CC mapping will be one.
@hammondeggsmusic has said, I think in the youtube demo comments, that some parameters may be editable by text file on the SD card.

1 Like

This is a very cool synth and the Reverb is wonderful.
I have set it up using my KeyStep and a MIDI-TRS cable.
Woudl be nice to have all parameters controlled by CC and maybe I could write a in editor in CTRLR?
Or maybe add a simple LCD screen to it to be more user-friendly?
Is this going to be open source maybe one day? I would love to tweak it :wink:

1 Like

Evidently my email notifications were being sent to spam. Apologies.

I am going to add cc capability to this next, hopefully soon! It will be customizable via an .ini / whatever file on the sd card so I don’t have to make a “product x compatible” version - you can make your own file and share etc.

As far as compatibility with the other electro smith products - I don’t own them, so I mean I could build it to technically support them, but I couldn’t test it nor could I really make proper use of the display without one to develop on.

I do notice more mention overall of the patch vs field - however I currently do not own a modular so if I were to purchase a bigger product from electro smith I’d probably gravitate towards the field myself. Maybe I should just get the garden, admittedly a bit out of my range right now though!

On open sourcing it - I occasionally consider open sourcing everything, however my experience with sharing source has been less than positive in the past.

3 Likes

Open source can be meh. Often people think of sharing stuff and then someone steals your idea and makes money. You can choose different open source licenses to share through, but this still doesn’t stop someone and what are you gonna do? Break open their stuff and search through somehow to scour ever synth made?

Hi there,

Today I received my Daisy Pod and I installed the Pollen(8) software, which judging from the demos on YouTube is very interesting.

I followed all instructions and downloaded the *bin-file to the Daisy Seed. All seemed to have worked out as described on the instruction page (LED flashing and so on). I also can see the Midi Trigger signal from my keyboard arriving at the Daisy Seed.

But what I did not managed so far is to hear any sound. There is nothing, no hum, no pop noise, nothing.

I tried all of the sample programs at Electrosmith and they all work. The sound is there, I even can adjust the level for the head phone. But with Pollen(8) there is nothing I can hear.

What is the secret? What did I do wrong.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

What is your email address? I tried to sent you an email, but it was returned as undeliverable.

Thanks

They’ve switched to a different audio codec for Daisy Seed recently, that would require rebuilding Pollen with a newer version of libDaisy. You could check which one it is yourself. New codec is WM8731 and old one is AK4556. The codec chip is on the opposite end from USB connector.

1 Like

Thank you antisvin, that was the reason. I had an “old” Seed with the old codec, and now it works with my POD and the Pollen(8). Thanks again.

1 Like

So i’m facing the same results as @gevietor , pollen flashes fine, green lights flash on startup, and I see that the midi works, but no sound. I have the new codec WM8731. does that mean that pollen doesn’t support this codec?

This would likely be the case

Hi all,

I also just spend a few hours scratching my head trying to get pollen8 to work on my Pod.
Until i found this and i feel relieve and a bit of disappointment :slight_smile:
But at least i did not fry anything trying to solder on midi from another unit and such.
So…Jason, are you going to recompile it for the WM87 or would you like someone to take over the job ?
This is such a great , maybe the best, app for the Pollen format , but all 13 seeds i have at the moment are the new ones.

@ArguZ It would be great to get Pollen8 working, but it doesn’t seem likely to happen. In the meantime you might check out this project:

Hi Ben,

thanks for the suggestion, that one is running on my pod right now.
I also ordered a Field to run Pollen8 on it and now i am a little anxious that was not a smart idea.
Do you have info from Jason if the project is not longer active ?
Might be a good moment for making it open Source …if so…

Hi - I don’t know about Field/Pollen8; my comment was only based on the fact that the Pod hasn’t been updated, but maybe the Field version works. You might try the link to the “Slack” community if you don’t see an answer here; it seemed busier than the forum last time I looked.