Fast Convolution for DaisySP

Hi,

I’ve submitted an issue to DaisySP repository to include partitioned fast convolution algorithm. I welcome everyone to weight in on the requirements I’ve put together:

I suggest we keep the meaningful discussion in the issue comments. This topic is mostly to let people know it’s in the works since I guess not everybody is subscribed to new issues. But if there’s broader discussion to be had, here would be the place.

Alex.

4 Likes

Yes please! I have a wonderful library of self-collected impulses.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity: what impulse lengths are you looking for?

Reverbs. So… up to 6 seconds.
Some day some day…
Also guitar cabinets though. That alone could bring the Petal up a few notches.

I just found this thread and was very excited by the prospect!

Unfortunately I cannot code beyond very rudimentary Pd, so this post is just an encouragement for the continuation of the implementation. :slight_smile:

oh man, I would love to be able to utilize impulse responses, right now with my pod I’ve been just putting it in chain with something that can load em, and its a reasonable solution, but it robs me of IR’s for other stuff during live shows. if ever do one of those again lol.

Unfortunately Im not even close to a programmer, beyond being able to hack together other projects so I couldn’t add much except enthusiasm for this idea. so I will do that!

1 Like

This would be amazing!

I am interested in this.

did this ever go anywhere?

It doesn’t look like it from the last entry from AXP on the github in June 2022:
Hello everybody. I am sorry but currently there’s very little chance I could continue working on this. I have two jobs and I’m in the process of relocation to a different country. But I will try to find time to upload what I’ve already done to a public repo so others may pick up.

1 Like