Error in using arm gcc

I installed everything as per the Setting Up Your Development page (for Windows).
Rebuilding the libraries gave no errors and I’ve checked the files are there.
The path to the compiler is correct as shown here :
C:\Users\Mike\ ~\Desktop\DaisyExamples\seed\Blink>arm-none-eabi-gcc
arm-none-eabi-gcc: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
(there isn’t actually a space before the ~ but I’ve had to add one in this forum to make the \ show here)

But when I try to use Make to compile the Blink program I get a meaningless error number.
C:\Users\Mike\ ~\Desktop\DaisyExamples\seed\Blink>make
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I…/…/DaisySP -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/system_stm32h7xx.d" -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/system_stm32h7xx.lst …/…/libdaisy/core/system_stm32h7xx.c -o build/system_stm32h7xx.o
make: *** [build/system_stm32h7xx.o] Error -1073741502

Any suggestions on what I’ve messed up ?
Thanks

Sorry to hear you’re having issues.

Just a few quick questions to help us assist with troubleshooting:

1. What terminal are you using to run make (we recommend git-bash as a simple solution). I have seen numerous issues trying to compile using the standard windows commandline.
  2. Did you install the tools from the links recommended in the wiki? We have seen some issues (not this specific one) with using outdated compilers, or other versions of Make on windows.
  3. Did you attempt to build the libraries first, as they are required to build the examples (navigating to libdaisy and daisysp to run make there.

Downloaded git-bash specially :slight_smile:

Also all the tools and libraries as recommended.

Ran make --debug since I asked and even though I have libdaisy and libdaisy/build in my path envionment variable I can see it’s trying to create a build directory in the Blink directory. I checked libdaisy/build and startup_stm32h750xx.o is definitely there.

C:\Users\Mike~\Desktop\DaisyExamples\seed\Blink>make --debug
GNU Make 3.81
Copyright © 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i386-pc-mingw32
Reading makefiles…
Updating goal targets…
File all' does not exist. File build/Blink.elf’ does not exist.
File build/startup_stm32h750xx.o' does not exist. Must remake target build/startup_stm32h750xx.o’.
arm-none-eabi-gcc -x assembler-with-cpp -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -I…/…/libdaisy/core/ -I…/…/libdaisy -I…/…/libdaisy/src/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I…/…/libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I…/…/DaisySP -O2 -Wall -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -MMD -MP -MF"build/startup_stm32h750xx.d" …/…/libdaisy/core/startup_stm32h750xx.s -o build/startup_stm32h750xx.o
make: *** [build/startup_stm32h750xx.o] Error -1073741502