Daisy with sensors

Hi, I just got time to mess up with my Daisy seed recently. I wonder how does Daisy work with sensors through I2C(Like a gyroscope )? Where can I find examples related to that? Really appreciate any advice!

Hi KED!

Which language are you using?
For DaisyDuino, using I2C sensors should be straightforward.

For pd2dsy/Oopsy, some I2C sensors are not supported. And I have seen community members encountering an issue with getting “supported” I2C sensors working. We’ll need to look into these when we get a chance.
So as of right now in general, it might be a good idea to use non-I2C sensors in my opinion.
For example, you can use this accelerometer sensor that’s not I2C. It has analog outputs instead, which are more straightforward to use. There was a community member who used this with Oopsy recently and successfully made an awesome tilt-controlled instrument!

Hi Takumi! Thank you for the reply! I am planning on using C++ and I’m running through the examples to try to learn. By saying DaisyDuino, does that mean Daisy have access to all the Arduino libraries (like for sensors)? Also are there examples on sensors maybe I could check out? I am trying to start by using analog sensors like light sensor and flex sensor hoping to get something done though.

Thanks for the details!

Any example code that uses the ADC (libDaisy: Getting Started - ADCs) will work with analog sensors like light sensor and flex sensor much like how it works with potentiometer. It’s all analog voltage at the end of the day :slight_smile:
For light sensor, you’ll have to consider ambient lighting and such (setting a threshold and scaling will help). But the rest of the step of mapping the sensor value to synth parameter will be similar to how you would do it with a potentiometer.

That’s one major benefit of using DaisyDuino; you have immediate access to bunch of Arduino community libraries! Of course, not all libraries will work with the STM32-based boards like the Daisy, but libraries for I2C sensors tend to work well from my experience and observation.