Daisy Seed Development Kit

I was fed up with constant breadboarding when I seemed to use a common set of component modules, so I got some of them printed up as PCBs, made a breakout board and created this development kit. I added the source code to Github and here it is! I think I saw someone had done something similar? Also, the components can be used with Arduino and RPi so there will be updates for them, as well as more components for the Daisy Seed in future!

Demo: https://youtu.be/sGi7Sy4ES4g

Github: GitHub - lucidcoding/daisy-seed-development-kit

Edit: I might be interested in making this collaborative if anyone wants to branch the code and raise a PR!

11 Likes

Very nice - I think I’ll order some PCBs.

Suggestion: make sure MIDI can handle running status.

1 Like

Thank you! Not quite sure what you mean about the Midi but feel free to do a PR if you like! That goes for everyone else too!

I love this idea of making a development kit that’s modular! Potential for community collaboration :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I hope so!

This looks great! I might order a few pcbs too

1 Like

By the way, if anyone is near Manchester UK, I have some extra copies of the board if anyone wants them!

Very cool project, I am planning to order the PCBs.

@pauldee, do you have plans to share the pot array schematic and PCB at some point?

They should be on there - I’ll check what I’ve done with them!

Right, I’d managed to delete them somehow. They should be back now, sorry about that.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you so much!

1 Like

Here’s a bit of an update for you folks, I’ve added a framework for creating menus and editing settings using an SD1306 OLED display and an encoder:

I’ve rushed out the instructions but I hope from the code it’s clear how to set it up and add different pages and items, and how to assign the settings to the various parameters. Please give me a shout if you have any questions.

The display updates whenever you move the encoder and this is interfering with the audio. Not great but I don’t picture this being used during a performance - this is basically for settings not covered by analog controls.

Here is a clip of it in action:

1 Like