Daisy Seed 8-Voice VA Synthesizer with USB_MIDI Interface

(edited)

Are you still trying to get this working? I’m just a beginner with this stuff. But fwiw, I was able to get the original Moonfriend version working with MIDI DIN on a Pod a year ago, both by using the supplied bin with the web programmer, and by using VSCode to compile. When testing it again now though, I found I couldn’t get MIDI/sound working by compiling any more; just lights.

This new version works great. (Thanks!)

You said: “I have run Moonfriend’s original project on it and it worked”, but I’m wondering if you can still get it working with the current libDaisy via the compilation route, or just via the old bin file supplied with that project. (I’m wondering if it’s possible some change to the libraries has broken it.)

I noiced a comment at the bottom of this thread from someone having problems with MIDI after libDaisy v5.0. I just downloaded that version and I can get the original Moonfriend synth working again with that one. (I wasn’t able to compile this new version with it as is beause of the timer entries, sequencer related I believe, but I can get some functionality from it with MIDI DIN if I take that element out.)

1 Like

could you turn this into a flashable .bin file for a newbie please? it’s for daisy pod

If you have a Daisy Pod, then you will definitely want to use Steven @moonfriend 's port of the original OscPocketVASynth (the original code was written by Staffan Mellin ).

He has a .bin file on his GitHub page which you can download and use.

My code was written for a bare Daisy Seed only, so it is missing lots of features and functionality when it is being used on a Pod.

2 Likes

Fantastic, thank you!