Daisy Pod Display

For Daisy Pod applications that use the two RGB LEDs for status display, I wrote a simple Arduino sketch that translates the LED colors to human-readable text displayed on an LCD plugged on an Arduino Uno. It also captures the pots: Daisy Pod Display

The sketch is configured for the Pollen(8), meaning that it shows its color menus in readable format.

1 Like

Sounds nice.Can you share a screenshot of the pod with display?
Also, what is the exact LCD display type (+link to where to buy it?)

(by the way, I really wish Pollen(8) could be recompiled for Daisy Patch)

It is just a standard 2x16 alphanumeric display with 16-pin connector & backlight on pins 15 & 16. Mine happened to be green. You can buy those anywhere (online).

Top line shows menu/section name (red = Filter), bottom line shows parameters controlled by P1 & P2 (cyan = filter EG & LFO depth), their values are on the right (0-99). Another way of displaying would be to give each parameter its own line.

You can make it a bit nicer with e.g. an add-on board plugged on the Daisy Pod and take the 5V from the pod as well. Or make it all 3V3.

3 Likes

Hi, I’ve thought about this but was concerned about powering from 5V and then input/reading the ready line prior to writing. Most LCD don’t like 3V3

Did one myself with some tweak on the LCD wiring.

3 Likes

Do you have a schematic or more info on all of connections?

Would you have any more information on wiring, as it’s difficult to know how the display is getting power etc? I see you have a pcb sandwiched between the Uno and Display??
The code ran great on my Arduino though, thanks for that!

The connections are listed here:

For the other LCD connections (power, contrast), see e.g. here

2 Likes

Do you have any more info regarding the tweaks, I’m having a few problems setting up with mine?