Daisy Patch Submodule

cheers to Electro-Smith, i not only got a tracking number when my package shipped but also a big chunk of the flat rate shipping was refunded. so happy, rah, rah! Daisy, forever.

1 Like

Hello, I have sent 2 emails to the hello@ email and have had no reply. I received an email last week that the submodule was shipping and see that the last of them were shipped via this forum however I have yet to receive confirmation and tracking and my emails have been seemingly ignored. Can someone please let me know if there is an issue with my order?

We’re still working our way through some of the backlog.
An incoming shipment was delayed due to Chinese New Year last week and we’re still catching up from Omicron related staff absences.

Everything is on track now and if you haven’t gotten an email response yet, I’m sure it will go out tomorrow.

Thank you. I did receive an email. All is well. Glad to know my order was processed. Thank you Andrew. Hope all is well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to buy a patch.Init() (a great daisy-patch companion!), but can I use a ST-Link V3 debugger with it? And are the pins easily accessible?

2 Likes

Yes, you can use the ST-Link debugger with the Patch Submodule.

The pins are available but you will need to solder in the male mini JTAG to the Patch SM, or place the male header inside of the female headers on the debugger side.

We’re going to put these these up on the Electrosmith site soon but here is a part number for the JTAG header: 20021111-00010T4LF

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you! _________

1 Like

Got the patch in the mail early today. Thanks for getting back to me and making sure it got out. He is quite impressed. Loaded up the development today and did some test programs. Very very nice! May be the perfect solution we need. :slight_smile:
I am happy to see this growth with ES, the daisy and the collaborations happening. I take it, with that in mind, the daisy patch subs will be mass produced for bulk purchase as long as demand stays?

Glad to hear it!
:grinning:

Yes, that is correct.
There are already some manufacturers who have designed it into products coming out this year.

If you’re interested in wholesale purchasing, reach out via email and we can go over the details.

1 Like

As a software developer with little hardware experience, I have had so much fun with this in the few days since it arrived! I also appreciate all of the open source examples packed with it- this got me off the ground a lot faster than just reading doc would have. It fits my dsp needs better than a module like the teletype and I may end up contributing some of my firmwares or classes once they’re more refined.

I’d love to see something like this but with a focus on having lots of CV and gate outputs as for a multichannel sequencer or some other CV-heavy processor. Excited to see what I can do with your tech!

2 Likes

The pinout PDF (link below) has a graphic for pin headers B and C that inidicates the pin numbers should be read as rotated by 90 degress clockwise. I believe the rotation should be 90 degrees anti-clockwise.

The graphic is confusing to read but it is correct.

The photo should be rotated clockwise 90 degrees, rather than the graphic, if that makes sense.
When the pin header from the photo is rotated clockwise 90 degrees, B1 winds up on the top left of the header bank which is what the diagram demonstrates.

Hope this helps!

Mine arrived recently and I’ve been having a fun time getting to know c++ better ever since!

Quick question, what I/o on the module works/doesn’t work when powered by usb Vs +/-12v? I assume stuff that relies on opamps like CV and audio out and possibly CV and audio in might not be working when usb powered, but I might be wrong.
Just wondering as breadboarding oled screen connections before I commit to ordering PCBs will be a bit more complicated if I also need to power it with euro power to get that working!

Is there a kicad footprint for the daisy submodule? Would speed up my scheming

wrings hands in a sinister fashion

Oh hey Liv!I will clean up and post my submodule component and footprint later today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It looks like the GATE_OUT_1 and GATE_OUT_2 pin assignments got swapped in the documentation.The datasheet says GATE_OUT_1 is on B5 and GATE_OUT_2 is on B6. In DaisyPatchSM::Init() the gate out pin assigments are reversed: gate_out_1.pin = B6, gate_out_2.pin = B5

I have one if you still need it

1 Like

yeah! please! and thank you!

@livartz @NonVerbalPoetry

Hi Liv, and Fen! Just wanted to point out that we actually have CAD devices for the Patch SM in KiCAD.

They are bundled in the zip of design files for the Patch.Init hardware.. This link is accessible from the Patch.Init product page.

This is obviously a bit hard to find without just happening upon them. So we’ll work on moving them to a dedicated link that makes it clear that they’re for KiCAD :slight_smile:

The project included has been ordered, built, and tested by us here at Electrosmith. So feel free to use it as a starting point for your own hardware explorations.

4 Likes

Ohh this is awesome and much fancier than the one I made!! Thank you! I already ordered two different PCBs using my footprint (which I was relieved to find works fine) but will definitely use this one for the next one (I’m sure there will be a next one, it’s such a cool bit if hardware).

2 Likes