Daisy Patch SM Schematic?

Does anyone know where this happens to exist? The Patch schematics are available here and my assumption is that the pins for what is uses by the SM might be the same? But I wasn’t sure.

While I’m looking at writing my code using DaisyDuino (or libDaisy but I tend to prefer the Arduino env) and embracing the overall platform and approach, I was also thinking about using the hardware directly a bit like a souped up Teensy 4.0 that already has all the buffering and Eurorack level adjustments, etc.

This has to do with one of the approaches I want to take where I, intentionally and by design, want to use a variable sample rate and avoid interpolation. Ergo I’ll be wanting to talk to the 12-bit DAC directly using a timer. I can’t easily do that with libDaisy/DaisyDuino (which makes sense since most folks probably don’t need to be doing that).

For the curious, this relates to a GameBoy WAVE channel style DCO I’m making. You can find Daisy info here and some of the other solutions for it that I’m evaluating here.

1 Like

The Patch SM schematic has not been released yet.

If you need the STM32 pins, they are documented in the datasheet.

Hope this helps!

Somewhat. I was trying to sort out what “pins” (as far as DaisyDuino is concerned) connect to the audio and CV DACs which I don’t think is on the datasheet? This was so I could bypass DaisyDuino entirely if I wanted to. That’s not something someone normally needs to do but there’s one project I want to try that needs to talk to the CV DAC directly (preferably using a timer for a variable sample rate).

While chatting though, the datasheet lists a different pin for I2C SCL than the datasheet? I’m not sure which is correct:

Check out the libdaisy sources - specifically src/daisy_patch_sm.cpp and src/daisy_patch_sm.h, and per/dac.cpp per/dac.h - that’s where the DAC initialization is called, as well as the list of all of the pins as they are in libdaisy. The DAC uses TIM6, you could probably alter that setup/callback and replace it with your own, if you’re up for it!

Aha! I was tyring to find it in daisyduino but yeah I’ll check libdaisy. Thanks for the help!

1 Like