Controlling DAC(D22/D23)

Hi, I got Daisy Seed at the end of last year and have been testing its basic functionality with plugdata. So far I successfully completed testing of AnalogControl with 12 ADCs.

Unfortunately I got stuck on testing 2 DACs(D22/D23, not audio out). What confuses me is that patch-1 works whareas patch-2 does not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

custom json

{
    "name": "myseed_2dac",
    "som": "seed",
    "components": {
		"dac02": {
			"component": "CVOuts"
		},
		"dac01": {
		}
    }
}

The issue might be with how you named the components.
In the Field json they are called cvout1 and cvout2, so try using those names instead.

Theoretically it should only care about the same name ending in 1 or 2, but lets try to rule out such differences.

I did a very quick test on the Field by just patching the CV outputs back into the CV inputs and lighting up some LEDs and this works:

By the way: in the latest Plugdata toolchain you can also use [bang~] instead of [metro 1] :slight_smile:

Thank you for your comment!
I updated the patch-1 and custom json but they does not work.
I guess the issue is not in the json because patch-2 works without this update.

{
		"cvout2": {
		},
		"cvout1": {
		}
    }
}

Hmm, I believe one limitation currently is that signal objects only get evaluated if your patch has audio input or output, so you may need to add them to your board json (even though you don’t connect them).

I believe one limitation currently is that signal objects only get evaluated if your patch has audio input or output

Your comment gave me a big clue!
just adding audio DAC to the patch-1 solved the issue. I confirmed saw wave from D23 pin.
It would be good to include this information in the Wiki.
Thank you so much!

revised Patch-1

Custom json

{
		"dac02": {
		},
		"dac01": {
		}
    }
}

You don’t even have to connect anything up. Just putting the [dac~] or [adc~] object is good enough.

I will look at adding these instructions to the Getting Started page of the HVCC docs.

1 Like