Re. Visual Studio Project woes – I just merged a fix that fixes all of the missing files/references, etc. in libdaisy (and also some weird stuff in DaisySP). I also cleaned added filters to match the folder structure to make it a little more manageable.
For testing purposes I cleaned up the Keyboard Test example a little and used that to test. So if you want to verify things are installed set up correctly, I suggest opening the field/KeyboardTest/KeyboardTest.sln and trying to build there.
If you see a BSP migration notice you can Download/Migrate to the latest (2020.06), though anything arm-none-eabi 2019 or newer should work
For starting your own project there is a utility script in DaisyExamples called
copy_project.py that can be used to copy and rename a project (including all of the contents/paths in the vsx project files). We will be adding a few ‘template’ projects and a utility for generating new projects from those.
As I mentioned earlier, we’ll be working on putting together some resources for working with Visual Studio, and also with VS Code in the coming weeks.