Pure Data

Hi @defblin,

The latest versions of everything use python3. So no need to get a version of python2.7

There is an install.sh script that will setup the virtualenv, and install the necessary packages (hvcc, json2daisy, etc.) as well as build dependency libraries.

In order for everything to function properly, the repo does need to be cloned with git, and shouldn’t be downloaded directly from GitHub.

Hope that helps!

Also, what OS are you on? We’re currently wrapping up making an executable GUI version that removes the need to download/install anything except for the DaisyToolchain.

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

Thanks for you feedback it helped me figure out what was wrong on my end!

I was reading old documentation which lead me down the rabbit hole of looking into the old HVCC GitHub. It turns out the problem was my computers $PATH was messed up and python3 was not the default program called by invoking “python” in my command terminal. I was able to get every thing to work by specifying “python3.9” to open pd2dsy.py with and over last week I made a little sampler program!

To answer your question, I am using Monterey 12.3 on a M1 Mac.

Right now the thing I am working on is getting longer buffer sizes, as right now my script won’t boot on my daisy seed with tables much bigger than 88200. I am having a hard time making the “–rom size” command work, whenever I compile using it my script won’t boot even when the script is just an test audio pass through [ADC~] to [DAC~]

1 Like

something else really crazy i forgot to mention about using PD2 Daisy
It makes a GIANT LOUD POP whenever i load programs!

I am using a POD and i have not experienced this loud pop with any other programs but whenever i load something using pd2dsy i get a giant loud sound and the LED lights up…the first time it happened i was sure i had fried my pod

That link sends me through other links to things I have to do first. I have apparently done them wrong or in the wrong order. They’re all things that, as an artist, are fairly alien to me despite having built who knows how many Arduino projects. They’re just tools that are designed for someone whose talents already lie with the existing programming paradigms.

I’m bummed that this project died, but it’s clear that it’s nontrivial to get a working front end. Otherwise Axoloti and Akso wouldn’t have sputtered out.

I am trying to use a Daisy Seed as the brains of an sensory audio sculpture but I’m having some trouble getting my patches flashed in… from cruising this forum, it looks like the problem is a lack of support for the seed…

I think I finally got a patch on the seed by lying to the program and saying it is a pod… but I am still not exactly sure how to hookup the audio.

1 Like

And you can find some breadboard examples on github - here the DSP/drum example:

the .fzz files open in Fritzing - which unfortunately no longer is free to download.

~/github/DaisyExamples
$ find -name *.fzz -print

./seed/Button/resources/Button.fzz
./seed/Button/resources/SeedButton.fzz
./seed/DSP/Drum/resources/Drum.fzz
./seed/DSP/Osc/resources/Osc.fzz
./seed/DSP/Osc/resources/SeedOsc.fzz
./seed/Knob/resources/Knob.fzz

Not all examples have Fritzing files - it’s a work in progress I think.

1 Like

Hi, I’m a newbie. I’m trying to run a test file (patch_test.pd) from your own examples in Daisy Patch, but I’m not getting anything.
I have completed all the installation step by step from your guides. Installed python 3, changed paths, cloned libraries, etc.
As a result, it still throws an error. Here is the text from bash.

make: Entering directory 'C:/Users/Professional/pd2dsy/patch_test'
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvControlBinop.d" -std=gnu11 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvControlBinop.lst source/HvControlBinop.c -o build/HvControlBinop.o
In file included from source/HvHeavy.h:20,
                 from source/HvHeavyInternal.h:20,
                 from source/HvControlBinop.h:20,
                 from source/HvControlBinop.c:17:
source/HvUtils.h:33:4: warning: #warning Could not detect platform. Assuming Unix-like. [-Wcpp]
   33 |   #warning Could not detect platform. Assuming Unix-like.
      |    ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvControlCast.d" -std=gnu11 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvControlCast.lst source/HvControlCast.c -o build/HvControlCast.o
                 from source/HvControlCast.h:20,
                 from source/HvControlCast.c:17:
source/HvUtils.h:33:4: warning: #warning Could not detect platform. Assuming Unix-like. [-Wcpp]
      |    ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvControlVar.d" -std=gnu11 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvControlVar.lst source/HvControlVar.c -o build/HvControlVar.o
                 from source/HvControlVar.h:20,
                 from source/HvControlVar.c:17:
      |    ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvLightPipe.d" -std=gnu11 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvLightPipe.lst source/HvLightPipe.c -o build/HvLightPipe.o
In file included from source/HvLightPipe.h:20,
                 from source/HvLightPipe.c:17:
      |    ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvMessage.d" -std=gnu11 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvMessage.lst source/HvMessage.c -o build/HvMessage.o
In file included from source/HvMessage.h:20,
                 from source/HvMessage.c:17:
      |    ^~~~~~~
source/HvMessage.c: In function 'msg_getHash':
source/HvMessage.c:151:16: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
  151 |       return *((hv_uint32_t *) &f);
      |               ~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
source/HvMessage.c: In function 'msg_toString':
source/HvMessage.c:172:55: warning: format '%X' expects argument of type 'unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'uint32_t' {aka 'long unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
  172 |       case HV_MSG_HASH: len[i] = hv_snprintf(NULL, 0, "0x%X", msg_getHash(m, i)) + 1; break;
      |                                                       ^~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                                                               |
      |                                                               uint32_t {aka long unsigned int}
source/HvUtils.h:131:50: note: in definition of macro 'hv_snprintf'
  131 | #define hv_snprintf(a, b, c, ...) snprintf(a, b, c, __VA_ARGS__)
      |                                                  ^
source/HvMessage.c:172:59: note: format string is defined here
  172 |       case HV_MSG_HASH: len[i] = hv_snprintf(NULL, 0, "0x%X", msg_getHash(m, i)) + 1; break;
      |                                                          ~^
      |                                                           |
      |                                                           unsigned int
      |                                                          %lX
source/HvMessage.c:191:62: warning: format '%X' expects argument of type 'unsigned int', but argument 4 has type 'uint32_t' {aka 'long unsigned int'} [-Wformat=]
  191 |       case HV_MSG_HASH: hv_snprintf(finalString+pos, len[i], "0x%X", msg_getHash(m, i)); break;
      |                                                              ^~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                                                                      |
      |                                                                      uint32_t {aka long unsigned int}
source/HvUtils.h:131:50: note: in definition of macro 'hv_snprintf'
  131 | #define hv_snprintf(a, b, c, ...) snprintf(a, b, c, __VA_ARGS__)
      |                                                  ^
source/HvMessage.c:191:66: note: format string is defined here
  191 |       case HV_MSG_HASH: hv_snprintf(finalString+pos, len[i], "0x%X", msg_getHash(m, i)); break;
      |                                                                 ~^
      |                                                                  |
      |                                                                  unsigned int
      |                                                                 %lX
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvMessagePool.d" -std=gnu11 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvMessagePool.lst source/HvMessagePool.c -o build/HvMessagePool.o
In file included from source/HvMessagePool.h:20,
                 from source/HvMessagePool.c:17:
      |    ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvMessageQueue.d" -std=gnu11 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvMessageQueue.lst source/HvMessageQueue.c -o build/HvMessageQueue.o
                 from source/HvMessageQueue.h:20,
                 from source/HvMessageQueue.c:17:
      |    ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvSignalLine.d" -std=gnu11 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvSignalLine.lst source/HvSignalLine.c -o build/HvSignalLine.o
                 from source/HvSignalLine.h:20,
                 from source/HvSignalLine.c:17:
      |    ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvSignalPhasor.d" -std=gnu11 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvSignalPhasor.lst source/HvSignalPhasor.c -o build/HvSignalPhasor.o
                 from source/HvSignalPhasor.h:20,
                 from source/HvSignalPhasor.c:17:
      |    ^~~~~~~
In file included from source/HvSignalPhasor.c:17:
source/HvSignalPhasor.h: In function '__hv_phasor_f':
source/HvSignalPhasor.h:104:13: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
  104 |   *bOut = *((float *) (&p)) - 1.0f;
      |            ~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
source/HvSignalPhasor.h: In function '__hv_phasor_k_f':
source/HvSignalPhasor.h:130:13: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
  130 |   *bOut = *((float *) (&p)) - 1.0f;
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvSignalVar.d" -std=gnu11 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvSignalVar.lst source/HvSignalVar.c -o build/HvSignalVar.o
                 from source/HvSignalVar.h:20,
                 from source/HvSignalVar.c:17:
      |    ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvTable.d" -std=gnu11 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvTable.lst source/HvTable.c -o build/HvTable.o
                 from source/HvTable.h:20,
                 from source/HvTable.c:17:
      |    ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvUtils.d" -std=gnu11 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvUtils.lst source/HvUtils.c -o build/HvUtils.o
In file included from source/HvUtils.c:17:
      |    ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-gcc -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/startup_stm32h750xx.d" -std=gnu11 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/startup_stm32h750xx.lst ../libdaisy/core/startup_stm32h750xx.c -o build/startup_stm32h750xx.o
arm-none-eabi-g++  -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HeavyContext.d" -fno-exceptions -fasm -finline -finline-functions-called-once -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -fno-unwind-tables -Wno-register -std=gnu++14 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HeavyContext.lst source/HeavyContext.cpp -o build/HeavyContext.o
In file included from source/HeavyContextInterface.hpp:20,
                 from source/HeavyContext.hpp:20,
                 from source/HeavyContext.cpp:17:
      |    ^~~~~~~
arm-none-eabi-g++  -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/Heavy_patch_test.d" -fno-exceptions -fasm -finline -finline-functions-called-once -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -fno-unwind-tables -Wno-register -std=gnu++14 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/Heavy_patch_test.lst source/Heavy_patch_test.cpp -o build/Heavy_patch_test.o
                 from source/Heavy_patch_test.hpp:37,
                 from source/Heavy_patch_test.cpp:33:
      |    ^~~~~~~
In file included from source/Heavy_patch_test.hpp:39,
                 from source/Heavy_patch_test.cpp:33:
source/HvSignalPhasor.h: In function 'void __hv_phasor_f(SignalPhasor*, float, float*)':
source/HvSignalPhasor.h:104:13: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
source/HvSignalPhasor.h: In function 'void __hv_phasor_k_f(SignalPhasor*, float*)':
source/HvSignalPhasor.h:130:13: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
arm-none-eabi-g++  -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HvHeavy.d" -fno-exceptions -fasm -finline -finline-functions-called-once -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -fno-unwind-tables -Wno-register -std=gnu++14 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HvHeavy.lst source/HvHeavy.cpp -o build/HvHeavy.o
                 from source/HvHeavy.cpp:17:
      |    ^~~~~~~
source/HvHeavy.cpp:24: warning: ignoring '#pragma mark ' [-Wunknown-pragmas]
   24 | #pragma mark - Heavy Table
      |
source/HvHeavy.cpp:45: warning: ignoring '#pragma mark ' [-Wunknown-pragmas]
   45 | #pragma mark - Heavy Message
      |
source/HvHeavy.cpp:127: warning: ignoring '#pragma mark ' [-Wunknown-pragmas]
  127 | #pragma mark - Heavy Common
      |
source/HvHeavy.cpp:294: warning: ignoring '#pragma mark ' [-Wunknown-pragmas]
  294 | #pragma mark - Heavy Common
      |
arm-none-eabi-g++  -c -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mthumb -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H750xx -DHSE_VALUE=16000000  -DCORE_CM7 -DSTM32H750IB -DARM_MATH_CM7 -DUSE_FULL_LL_DRIVER -Isource/ -include stm32h7xx.h -I../libdaisy -I../libdaisy/src/ -I../libdaisy/src/sys -I../libdaisy/src/usbd -I../libdaisy/src/usbh -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Include/ -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H7xx/Include -I../libdaisy/Drivers/STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Core/Inc -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Host_Library/Class/MSC/Inc -I../libdaisy/core/ -I../libdaisy/Middlewares/Third_Party/FatFs/src -O2 -Wall -Wno-missing-attributes -fasm -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -Wno-stringop-overflow -g -ggdb -MMD -MP -MF"build/HeavyDaisy_patch_test.d" -fno-exceptions -fasm -finline -finline-functions-called-once -fshort-enums -fno-move-loop-invariants -fno-unwind-tables -Wno-register -std=gnu++14 -Wa,-a,-ad,-alms=build/HeavyDaisy_patch_test.lst HeavyDaisy_patch_test.cpp -o build/HeavyDaisy_patch_test.o
                 from source/Heavy_patch_test.h:36,
                 from HeavyDaisy_patch_test.cpp:33:
      |    ^~~~~~~
In file included from source/Heavy_patch_test.hpp:39,
                 from HeavyDaisy_patch_test.cpp:34:
source/HvSignalPhasor.h: In function 'void __hv_phasor_f(SignalPhasor*, float, float*)':
source/HvSignalPhasor.h: In function 'void __hv_phasor_k_f(SignalPhasor*, float*)':
In file included from HeavyDaisy_patch_test.cpp:35:
source/HeavyDaisy_patch_test.hpp: In member function 'void json2daisy::DaisyPatch::Init(bool)':
source/HeavyDaisy_patch_test.hpp:52:36: error: no matching function for call to 'daisy::GateIn::Init(dsy_gpio_pin*, bool)'
   52 |     gatein1.Init(&gatein1_pin, true);
      |                                    ^
In file included from ../libdaisy/src/daisy.h:27,
                 from ../libdaisy/src/daisy_seed.h:5,
                 from source/HeavyDaisy_patch_test.hpp:29,
                 from HeavyDaisy_patch_test.cpp:35:
../libdaisy/src/hid/gatein.h:29:10: note: candidate: 'void daisy::GateIn::Init(dsy_gpio_pin*)'
   29 |     void Init(dsy_gpio_pin *pin_cfg);
      |          ^~~~
../libdaisy/src/hid/gatein.h:29:10: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided
In file included from HeavyDaisy_patch_test.cpp:35:
source/HeavyDaisy_patch_test.hpp:54:36: error: no matching function for call to 'daisy::GateIn::Init(dsy_gpio_pin*, bool)'
   54 |     gatein2.Init(&gatein2_pin, true);
      |                                    ^
In file included from ../libdaisy/src/daisy.h:27,
                 from ../libdaisy/src/daisy_seed.h:5,
                 from source/HeavyDaisy_patch_test.hpp:29,
                 from HeavyDaisy_patch_test.cpp:35:
../libdaisy/src/hid/gatein.h:29:10: note: candidate: 'void daisy::GateIn::Init(dsy_gpio_pin*)'
   29 |     void Init(dsy_gpio_pin *pin_cfg);
      |          ^~~~
../libdaisy/src/hid/gatein.h:29:10: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided
make: *** [../libdaisy/core/Makefile:235: build/HeavyDaisy_patch_test.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory 'C:/Users/Professional/pd2dsy/patch_test'
Generating project in ".\patch_test"
(pd_env)

The operating system is Windows 10. The Daisy patch is connected in the DFU, the firmwares is download fine by Visual Studio and by Web interface.
I read here above that it is necessary to rebuild the libdaisy. After running ‘make’ in the libraries folder, i get this message: “make: Nothing to be done for ‘all’.”

Please tell me what i do wrong?

I try it on macOS. Same troubles. I get daisy for PD, and now this sh*t, sorry! Oopsy work fine, but i need PD. Please, help me!

Perhaps the issue is #warning Could not detect platform. Assuming Unix-like. ?
Because you certainly are not on a Unix-like system.

What do you mean by this? In what way is the project “dead”?
Yes there are quite some rough edges that need trimming. Yes not all features are supported yet. Yes the (observable) activity is not very apparent.
However the project most certainly is not “dead”.

But where i can change the system identification? In manual does not mention this.

So, the actual error here is:
error: no matching function for call to 'daisy::GateIn::Init(dsy_gpio_pin*, bool)'

This leads me to believe that you didn’t select the correct board. How are you running the pd2dsy.py script?

For the example it should be like this: python pd2dsy.py -b patch examples/PdFiles/patch_test.pd

If you do that the example builds correctly for the patch on my system (I don’t have one so I can’t flash it).

Thanks, but I do everything according to the manual. All works ideal with max gen, but Pd… ((

This doesn’t answer my question. What is the exact command that you are doing to get to this error?

I run like this:

python pd2dsy.py --board patch examples/PdFiles/patch_test.pd

I tried your version ‘python pd2dsy.py -b patch examples/PdFiles/patch_test.pd’ too. The result is the same.

1 Like

Thnx, this is really odd yes. I can’t tell what could possibly go wrong here then.

Really need someone from the team to chime in on this.

1 Like

Try updating libdaisy, it looks like the gate in was changed back in April:

libDaisy/src/hid$ git log gatein.h

Author: Stephen Hensley 
Date:   Wed Apr 13 08:41:59 2022 -0700

Invertable Gate Inputs (#509)

* added invert option to GateIn object.

Cheers

1 Like

Hello everyone! First time on the forum here, so my apologies if I’m doing something wrong!
I have some problems loading a PureData patch on my patch.Init(). Since it’s my first time, I’m trying to upload the patch_init_test.pd file included into the pd2dsy folder.

I set up my Development Environment, downloaded the DaisyToolchain, pd2dsy, VS Code and the Daisy Examples and did (I think) everything that had to be done according to the DaisyWiki page, but I cannot program my patch.Init(). and this is the error I’m given:

/Applications/ARM/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: cannot find -ldaisy
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [build/HeavyDaisy_patch_init_test.elf] Error 1

Quite sure someone else already faced a similar problem and I’ve read some posts here but I seem not to find any working solution yet.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

uhg, yes. I just ran into the same issue on my laptop. forgot this was needed.
have opened update libdaisy by dromer · Pull Request #26 · electro-smith/pd2dsy · GitHub to raise some attention to it.

@sawtooth for pd2dsy you need to make sure the libdaisy submodule is pulled in and on the latest version. then you need to type “make” inside the libdaisy dir to build the requirements. Actually the /install.sh script should take care of it, except it will use the wrong version of libdaisy at the moment.

Please tell me which command should I update the libdaisy?