Patch Audio In if unconnected

I can’t say that I find this normalization particularly useful in a eurorack module. Nevertheless, how exactly do you suggest to detect lack of signal in a plugged cable vs unplugged cable with 4 lines of code?

@antisvin
Sorry, thats not what I meant. I was trying to say that the user could have decided if he wants to patch through the inputs (in software) (copy input 1 to 2,3,4…) if needed (and get around requiring external multiples and patch cables).

That’s the explanation I expected, though I disagree with the choice. It would have cost practically nothing to make this feature easily defeated by the user. Three jumpers, or 0 ohm resistors.

Right, but normalization sets the behavior for situations when you don’t know if there would be anything connected to your input. When you do know that there would be no cable - which you’re writing about above - you can read from a specific input. So you can trivially convert mono signal to multi-channel audio in software, but it’s not something that would be happening without user involvement - either predefined in software, or selected via menu.