Oopsy - some general questtions, reboot, etc

Hiya

Thanks for making a real cool product in Daisy and the Oopsy integration. Couple of quick questions tho…

When you flash from Max to the Daisy (patch in my case), am I expected to power cycle the rack or is there another solution to reboot the unit / reload the patch?

Using @min/max (0 /1K) for parameter the values are correct in Max but on the Daisy they revert back to 0 - 20K? Is this expected behaviour and if so, is there a way of displaying the correct values?

Will there be a way of adding a 2nd page for the knobs i.e. p1, knob 1-4 does this, p2, they do something different?

Best

Johan

“am I expected to power cycle the rack or is there another solution to reboot the unit / reload the patch?” – you shouldn’t need to power cycle the rack, just pressing the two tact switches on the daisy should be enough to get it into bootloader mode. Sometimes I find the USB/DFU seems to lose the connection with the Daisy – unplugging it and plugging it back in usually resolves that.

“Using @min/max (0 /1K) for parameter the values are correct in Max but on the Daisy they revert back to 0 - 20K? Is this expected behaviour and if so, is there a way of displaying the correct values?” – I’m not sure what you mean by this. What is K here?

“Will there be a way of adding a 2nd page for the knobs i.e. p1, knob 1-4 does this, p2, they do something different?” – Currently the knob’s action is the same regardless what OLED page is displayed; that is, the mapping of knob to gen~ param is independent of the OLED. I suppose it could be interesting to add a modal aspect to the parameter mapping, which would perhaps be (in gen~) something like [param knob1_page1] and [param knob1_page2] or something like that; but most Daisy targets don’t have an OLED screen so it might be somewhat limited in application.

In the meantime, if you want more parameter control over a Daisy Patch, there’s always the MIDI input. I’ve been tempted to get something like Michigan F8R or Tesseract Sweet 16 for that purpose.

Thanks Graham, that’s very helpful!

Turns out that it was one patch that hung the system and it only reverted back to normal behaviour when I loaded one of the web programmer examples - so user error. Although, it might be worth making a note of that in the help guide as no other method made any difference. Now both the issues are resolved as the patches update correctly.

Yep, good shout on midi and I can use Ipad / Mira as a controller.

Best

J

Does Mira output midi data over usb? I thought it just did max connections. Cool if it does.

No it only outputs midi via a m4l/max device.

Oh I see. Oh well. I’ll just use one of those iPad midi apps like touch osc with that extra app that lets it output midi.