How to rename .cpp knob titles generated from oopsy

So I want to rename the display names in Oopsy. I have the full file out of oopsy and into DaisyExamples. I’ve moved all the correct files over and it’s programming correctly over STlink. Yay.

But what I don’t get is why I can’t rename the display names. I’ve done a search all in VS Code and replaced all references to “kn1_Amount” with “Amount”. I have the entire folder loaded into VS code so I believe the replace all is comprehensive.

I don’t believe anything references to the old files in the Max8 folders (I don’t think it would even be programming if that was the case).

I don’t have oopsy, etc. open right now, but the param name strings may be located in the gen-generated cpp file within the same folder as your .maxpat file.

This is the generic gen output that could be used for anything, not just oopsy, and contains the actual DSP as well as parameter mappings.

Thanks, I figured it out. At least I think this was the issue… So I didn’t realize that you needed to hit save in VS code for it to change lol. So now a simple rename all fixes everything and a final edit to the spaces need to make it look good. This is huge for me! I like to add the little bool tags n stuff and just wanted to experiment getting the display to do stuff.

I’d like to make stuff for daisy patch users, but also want things to look neat and a little custom. This is probably more than a huge undertaking, but do you know of any good resources to program this type of display with things other than text? I think I have to implement some sort of pixel array. Not sure if there’s any tool to do that or if just a giant thing.

From oopsy, it’d certainly be a bit of an undertaking.

That said, not too long ago, we added a dedicated Ui framework to libDaisy (for C++). This has numerous helper functions for “one-bit displays” such as the OLED on the Patch including basic geometry, lines, and text.

We don’t have (m)any examples showing this off at the moment, but we do plan on adding some UI specific examples in the future.

Long term, there have been some discussions of migrating the existing oopsy pre-baked UI to the new framework, which could come with the possibility for customization for oopsy-driven applications, but these are just ideas right now. So there hasn’t been any progress on that end yet.