Has electrosmith considered a Patch that is CV OUT focused?

When I use Daisy, with Max Gen, I’m most struck by how it could be this amazing performance controller or even sequencer. Lot’s use Max/MSP to make their dream live performance tool, but right now, the Daisy offerings lend themselves almost entirely to audio processing FX.

Which is fantastic. It does such an amazing job at that, Noise Engineering have an entire product line based off of it lol.

But I feel like a Patch that just did CV outs would just be an amazing live performance tool since whatever CV you want to send, could be custom programmed to you. Like, custom sequencer of your dreams. Automating song transitions. Processing and randomizing voltages. Custom LFOs, envelopes. CV recall or samplings. Abstract envelopes stored as DC wavetables…

And because it’s custom, You don’t have to spend $300 on just a set of tempo LFOs etc… it could be everything in between as you need it.

1 Like

I get the idea.

Have you seen my project:

Although the main focus seems to be DSP, the real power lies in the LFOs and my SM (special modulators).

See the manual at:
https://www.oscillator.se/opensource/#daisy

1 Like

Just my opinion -

The feature that makes Daisy special is the integrated codec. For CV only stuff, a Teensy seems more appropriate, or Arduino Nano.

I think the draw for Daisy is that it can be programmed without any coding knowledge. Aka with Max/MSP.

2 Likes

We have thought about a specific Daisy board designed for sequencing, modulation, MIDI, applications etc.

I think it would be really neat to take advantage of our audio specific codebase, and pair it with a dev board based around control signals, rather than just audio processing. It could even feature a DIN MIDI circuit onboard, eliminating the need to put that in your external circuitry.

Nothing concrete yet on our end, but this is an ongoing discussion at ES HQ!
:grinning:

6 Likes

I would be interested in this as well. Can the Daisy Audio Outs be used for CV-Signals?

No, the audio outs have capacitors in the signal path that make them unsuitable for passing control voltages.