Daisy patch not turning on and emitting high pitched noise

Hi

My Daisy has suddenly stopped working. It’s been fine since I bought it in April '21 but yesterday it just wouldn’t turn on and started emitting a high pitched noise. Any help would be much appreciated.

Best

J

Things you could try:
Checking or swapping the power supply.
Reprogramming the flash memory.
Things I’d like to know:
When you say it is “emitting a high pitched noise” do you mean you can physically hear the board vibrating or electrically putting out a signal?
Is it a Daisy Seed, Pod, Petal, Field, etc?

Hi

It’s a Daisy Patch and I’ve tried with another PSU. I can physically hear a high pitched noise from the board when I turn it on. There’s nothing on the display. Please see the video clip below. Sorry, it’s a bit shakey but wanted to show that everything is intact.

Best

J

Wow. Maybe try re-seating the Seed, and determining where on the boards the high pitched noise is coming from. I’m hoping you have some way of getting at the boards while powered up. You could also try troubleshooting by checking power at each of the chips. Kind of grasping at straws here.

Thanks bud! Yea… it’s a slightly strange one. It seems to be the Daisy though so it might just be a case of replacing that (hopefully). It’s a bit random as it just stopped working… I haven’t changed anything in that rack and the power consumption has been the same as it’s been for the last 4 months… Anyway, thanks for your help,

Best

J