Daisy Patch bootload example

Hi Daniel!

Are you referring to this page? I know there was one point when the link for that page was dead (or maybe certain link still is).

Yeah perfect. Thats the one. Thanks for the quick response. It’s weird. It must have been moved, the URL is almost the same as above (or another thread).
Thanks Takumi!

1 Like

I found @shensley 's description above. Would this maybe be worth to add to the help?
I can’t find a ‘bootloader_v6’ branch. The closest I can dig out is ‘tct-plus-bootv6’. Is that it?

V6 is still incompatible with the Patch SM. I’m very sorry for the wait.

Just to confirm: tct-plus-bootv6 is the one to use?

Alright, sorry, I figured it out. Got confused with the info above and thought I’d need a separate branch.

I got it working and here are some findings on my Daisy Patch:

• At first my OLED wasn’t working. After I removed anything fat/sd/usb_midi related it finally showed up. Haven’t done tests with bringing those back step by step.

• If I try using boot_qspi by setting APP_TYPE = BOOT_QSPI in my make file I get this:

../DaisyExamples/libdaisy/core/Makefile:240: *** Unkown app type "BOOT_QSPI ".  Stop.
  • I’m not able to upload patchs through DFU/USB. I tried different USB ports, switched on and off, etc. - no success. I get this error: Last page at 0x90057ceb is not writeable. Full output:
dfu-util -a 0 -s 0x90040000:leave -D build/Midi.bin -d ,0483:df11
dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2016 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

Invalid DFU suffix signature
A valid DFU suffix will be required in a future dfu-util release!!!
Opening DFU capable USB device...
ID 0483:df11
Run-time device DFU version 011a
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting #0 ...
Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
dfuIDLE, continuing
DFU mode device DFU version 011a
Device returned transfer size 1024
DfuSe interface name: "Internal Flash   "
Downloading to address = 0x90040000, size = 97516
Last page at 0x90057ceb is not writeable
make: *** [program-dfu] Error 74

One more question: Should the Daisy Seed work with an OLED screen using BOOT_SRAM if I wire it the same way the Daisy Patch is wired?

Any hints/thoughts on the above? Specifically the Last page at 0x90057ceb is not writeable? It would be really helpful to keep using DFU/USB upload for faster development.
@Takumi_Ogata @shensley maybe?

You should be able to. Are you running into an issue?
I had to pack up my OLED because of a move, so I can’t test right now (I should have access to it next week).

And for the second question, have you tried the QSPI example in DaisyExamplesseed?

The OLED on Seed question was more for future development.

I’ll try the QSPI example haven’t tried that. It’s also less important as my code now fully fits into the memory. Will check though.

My biggest issue is that the DFU/USB upload isn’t working and that I need to use the SD card for transfer right now.

Thanks for your help @Takumi_Ogata

Please feel free to start a new thread about the issue if you need to.
We would be happy to look at the code you got so far :slight_smile: