"Breadboarding with Daisy" - anybody interested in a "course"?

Hello all,

I’ve got pod, and messed around with the pod a little. Software is ok for me, but I’ve not done much electronics (and am not all that familiar with the Daisy lib).

I would be interested in some kinda ‘getting started’ thing - e.g., programme/course/event/whatever. I am happy to help organise, but would definitely not the fountain of all knowledge.

I’m thinking - get together a ‘component list’ / ‘purchase list’ and then do some weekly sessions.

• Maybe in the first session you get set up - download some code to the Daisy etc.
  • 2nd session: A ‘basic POD’ (ADCs: buttons, pot, rotary; no midi, no USB, no SD card). Writing software.
  • 3rd session: I2C (display, more buttons, more LEDs).
  • 4th session: processing audio input.
  • 5th session: USB host (I know it’s not implemented yet, but maybe by then it will be).

etc.

What do people think? Who would be happy to give some time?

9 Likes

If there’s enough interest here, and we get a little lead time, one could see whether this can be more widely advertised - maybe send it out as a kickstarter update? Could be a way of people activating their Daisys (within the 1,280 backers) or potentially even bringing people to Daisy.

I think this would be great.

I’d be interested in this too.

1 Like

Following…

I’d be very interested in this sort of thing

1 Like

This sounds like a great idea!

1 Like

I’m interested as a student!

1 Like